Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

What makes your listing location truly special?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes your listing location truly special?

14669734_40 (1).jpg

Hi everyone!

While booking for a stay, guests often look into the listing location — whether it's surrounded by scenic beauty (mountains or lakes), nearby local attractions or if your listing is located in the heart of the city.  

I'm really curious to hear from our hosts — whether it's a stunning view, rich local culture, or hidden gems that only locals know about! What is special about your listing location? 

Looking forward to reading your comments 😍

Kind regards,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

170 Replies 170
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Amazing pictures @Maria18678 , your listing looks gorgeous!

How do you manage the cleaning and maintenance of the pool though? Is it a tiring process?

-----

Thank you dear!

I have a professional team hired for that, and they are coning three times a week, even more if it is needed .

Hello again! @Bhumika 

I have a professional team , and they take care of my pools, as I have another complex with a pool as well. They come four times a week to clean and check the water , and more in August because it is very hot , and whenever is necessary as well!

My airbnb’s do offer important places that are close by. I mostly get people needing those places. However, I do believe that customer service and reviews play an important part. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Patricia4141 😍

Which are the most visited local attractions near your listing? 

Do you offer a guidebook or share local recommendations with guests during their stay?

-----

One of the most visited attractions near my larger home is the theater. Not people going to the shows but the actors are always staying with me. I do list the places that are close by on the site that might be of interest to visitors.  I do share attractions and local spots with my guests. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Haha @Patricia4141 , that makes sense! How is your experience meeting the guests who happen to be theatre artists? 

Do you have interesting conversations related to stage art? 😍 Do these guests also invite you to see their theatre plays?

-----

Honestly, they’re very interesting people. I hold season tickets to the theater so I typically don’t get tickets but they sometimes leave souvenirs from the show. They’re  very kind people. I find myself going above and beyond  to make them comfortable because they are so easy going. They typically stay a month or two. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Patricia4141! What kind of souvenirs do they leave for you? Which one has been your favourite? 😍

-----

They leave like small blankets and mugs with the shows logo, small items. The item is always new and still in the wrapper. 

Debra665
Level 1
Mt Sinai, NY

Hello Bhumika,

What makes my Listing special is the details of our home and the thought and care that went into making that feeling jump through the pictures.  Details are important to me even the way a towel is folded makes a difference to me as a host.  Of course having our home on Cape Cod does help, but I sincerely make it a point that my guests feel the way we feel about their accommodations and keep a standard that makes a difference for each guest. Also letting our guests know we are always with them as long as they have their phones we are there 24/7 right by their sides if they need us.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Debra665 I guess many hosts would agree that details are important! How do you ensure guests feel welcomed and straight at home?

How do your guests typically respond to the personal touches you add, like the folded towels or the 24/7 availability?

-----

Eric7020
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

My property highlights are location , location , location and all featuring hot tubs. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Eric7020 , I noticed your listing photos and saw a pool table 🎊 Do your guests love having a pool table at the listing? 😍 

What other listing amenities do you offer?

-----

Josh1898
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

What makes my place stand out is that it’s the only historic mansion from the early 1900s, right in the heart of Dallas. It’s been fully restored and even features the largest in ground pool downtown, along with mini golf, which makes it even more unique. Staying here gives you that perfect blend of historic charm and modern luxury, with a hot tub and pool to enjoy.

So far, knock on wood, I’ve never had a negative review at the Mansion! I always go all out with the finest linens, towels, and mattresses, and every amenity is topnotch, including a Viking outdoor grill. The house has even been featured on the NBC Today Show, and I make sure every guest leaves with a 5-star experience. If something goes wrong, I take care of it like sending free breakfast or dinner from a nearby luxury restaurant.

I treat this place like a luxury retreat, from the high-end furniture to the little details like the soaps. I’ve also been lucky to host a few well-known guests, which is always a cool experience for everyone who stays.

My biggest tip? Always make the guest happy. It’s an old house, so things can come up, but when they do, I make sure guests are overcompensated. I always have emergency plumbers and HVAC teams on standby. Recently, a guest mentioned the AC wasn’t cooling enough, so I had the HVAC crew out first thing in the morning and comped the guest for the night. Guests should never pay unless everything is working perfectly.