Your rating for my accommodation place

Answered!
Eman1482
Level 4
Cairo, Egypt

Your rating for my accommodation place

Hello, I am a new host and I would like you to evaluate my place of residence and give me your advice when receiving my first guest through the site. Thank you.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1194159728008819596?source_impression_id=p3_1725048203_P3cjOSS_I7TT64_J 

Bhumika_0-1725048225404.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

Top Answer
Dimitrios115
Level 3
Athens, Greece

Hello @Eman1482 , well done for the nice setting of your listing and keep up the good work. Your space looks cozy!

I have read most of the previous comments and I agree and think that they are to the point. The images play a key role to represent your space on the best possible and accurate way and to attract guests.

A professional photography session might be a key for every listing.

If you prefer to do the job with using own photos, I share with you some additional comments:

landscape format as mentioned. try to have a vertical perspective on the photos (having the wall and furniture lines straight on the vertical axis). natural light is important during the moments when capturing, to make the space feel more welcoming and bigger, so perhaps you could try to open the curtains when you photoshoot to get the natural light and compensate with the artificial lights (as needed), in order to give a more pleasant and cozy atmosphere. You have an abundance of light in Cairo and I think that all the lights switched on are not necessary if you open the curtains. Having the towels placed on carefully arranged bedsheets is always a very welcoming and warm picture. Open cupboards are not necessary for the photography.

Try making a careful selection of the five photos which will fully represent all of the listing spaces, promoting simultaneously your best pictures. The first photo is crucial

Furthermore, you can always ameliorate your description texts. I wish to highlight a specific aspect. Setting your listing rules is your field and you are absolutely right to do it. But when you set a limit regarding the electricity and internet consumption expressed in Egyptian pounds this might stress possible guests. For instance 200 Egyptian pounds equals to 4.13 USD which in other markets might not be necessary for the daily electricity consumption needed and in others pretty much. Probably try to express this limit related to your nightly price set, in electricity consumption (KW/h) to make it clearer and avoid losing possible guests, or try to communicate the current electricity prices in the Egyptian market (many guests need and want to use the air-condition all day/night long when visiting hot climates like Egypt and Greece during the summer), or examine the possibility of increasing simultaneously -if necessary- your nightly rate and electricity consumption limit. 

Many guests are also attracted by unlimited internet when visiting for work or leisure.

Regarding the last sentence of the description, it could change to "And for the single guests, it is forbidden to visit or host persons who are not related to them.", to include women that might visit Cairo alone.

Regarding the space arrangement, as mentioned by other community member it could be possibly wise to leave more space between the wall and the dinning table to allow sitting, or even take away the second sofa (looking on the back of the other sofa) that might be not needed, in order for you to free up some space to make the living room feel even more spacious. Then you could probably fit the dinning table comfortably and close enough to the kitchen.

Keep up the good work and wish you a great and lucky journey through the hosting experience!

Kind regards,

Dimitris

View Top Answer in original post

41 Replies 41

@Elisabeth1209 

Thank you, Karen, for your valuable feedback. I'll definitely take your advice and pay more attention to the details in my photos. I'll make sure to close the toilet lid, hide cleaning supplies, and avoid showing open kitchen cupboards.

I'm glad you suggest adding more color to the living room. I'll look into adding some accessories or cushions to brighten up the space.

Regarding the outside, unfortunately, there isn't a private outdoor area. However, I can provide more information about the nearby parks and outdoor spaces in my listing description.

Thank you again for your suggestions. I'll make sure to implement them to create a more inviting and appealing listing.

Donna647
Level 2
Lake Worth, FL

I think it looks good but I would go with a professional photographer for this.

@Donna647 

Thank you for your feedback! I agree that professional photos would enhance my listing.

Hello @Eman1482 , I love your space, but I see the space and think that you have too many sofas in one place, i think you should keep the light brown ones and get rid of the ones in the back to open up the space more. 

I would get rid of the rugs (all of them)

Remove all the small artwork and replace it with maybe big paintings or big mirrors to make the space look bigger. 

when taking pictures, opt for more natural open windows versus indoor artificial light.  Hope it helps 🙂

@Erica1717 

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions! I love the way you've described my space.

I understand your recommendation about the sofas and rugs. As this is my first year renting, I'm still learning how to optimize the space. I'll keep those suggestions in mind for future updates.

Unfortunately, I can't make any changes to the furniture or artwork while the apartment is currently rented. However, I'll definitely plan to implement these changes as soon as the lease ends.

Regarding the photos, I'll make sure to take them with natural light and avoid using artificial lighting.

Thank you again for your feedback. I'm excited to make improvements to my listing and create an even more welcoming space for my guests.

Dm-And-Maneesh0
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

@Eman1482 Good wishes from British Columbia Canada. I’m working now and can reply later on this evening my time beautiful home! 

Dm and Maneesh

@Dm-And-Maneesh0 

Thank you for your kind words and support, Dm and Maneesh! I appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback. I'll look forward to your thoughts later this evening.

Salamalaykum @Eman1482,

From viewing your Airbnb photo’s, I felt more natural light should be present. Pls remember your time restraint too; charge Fairness of Equity pricing including your added Airbnb time of care. Eman, your care-of-Airbnb-time  is valuable too.

Service chai (tea leaves, ginger, spices, milk, sugar, cardamom, water) in unit would be appreciated by Airbnb guest’s.

Beat endeavors, if you  ever travel to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada look me up. 🙂 🙏🏻

Super host,

Dm

BCingU Majestic Oceanfront Airbnb

Dm and Maneesh
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dm-And-Maneesh0,  I have tagged Eman in your comment. When you'd like to reply to someone,  just type "@" and pick their username from the list that pops up. That way, they'll get a notification and see your message.

Thank you for sharing your advice! For your chai station, do you provide loose leaf tea or tea bags for your guests? I'd love to know what you think works best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Dm-And-Maneesh0 

Wealykom Alsalam🙏🏻

Sure , if I visit Canada in your area, I would be happy to book a stay at your place. Your place looks amazing and the views are stunning. I wish you continued success and progress🤍

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Regarding the pricing, we strive to offer competitive rates that align with similar accommodations in our area. Due to the differences in cost of living and services between Canada and Egypt, our prices may vary from what you are accustomed to. I understand your point about natural light, and will definitely keep it in mind for future improvements.

Looking forward to your visit to Egypt someday! It would be my honor to host you in Cairo & I would be delighted to share my country with visitors. I can help you create a personalized itinerary that includes iconic landmarks, hidden gems, and unforgettable experiences. Let me help you if you plan a trip to Egypt in some day, promise you'll never forget!"

Elissa1891
Level 2
Mission Viejo, CA

@Eman1482 Hi there, the #1 thing I would do is get professional photos for your property. The property shows well, but the photos aren't great. 

Elissa

@Elissa1891 

You're absolutely right about the photos.

Thank you, Elissa, for your feedback

George1914
Level 2
Ioannina, Greece

Hi @Eman1482

For sure you have a beautiful place.

Perhaps the fotos could be better,from a proffesional, and the beds must be more arranged in these.

Perhaps the house is a bit crowded with furnicher (for example I don't understand the 2 sofas in the living room).

I think you'll do fine!!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @George1914, just so you know, I've added a tag with Eman's name to your comment. To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu. This way, they will receive a notification. 

Hope this helps!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@George1914 

Thank you for your time and feedback. I'll make the necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for my guests.