Your rating for my accommodation place

Eman1482
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Your rating for my accommodation place

Hello, I am a new host and I would like you to evaluate my place of residence and give me your advice when receiving my first guest through the site. Thank you.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1194159728008819596?source_impression_id=p3_1725048203_P3cjOSS_I7TT64_J 

Bhumika_0-1725048225404.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

25 Replies 25
Puneet26
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi @Eman1482 ,

First of all let me tell you that you have a beautiful house. I would recommend getting a professional shoot done, every space I am looking at looks bit crowded even the bathroom because of washing machine.

Do not post a pic of closed shower screen unless it's a clear glass. 

Dining table next the wall and just at the entrance can be a turn off for some guests.

Overall, you can provide some welcome drinks and snacks for the first guest to make it look bigger event for your place and a good experience for the guest.

Thanks,

Puneet

Dear @Puneet26 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate my listing. Your feedback is invaluable to me as I strive to provide the best possible experience for my guests.

I'll take your advice and consider rearranging things to create a more spacious and welcoming atmosphere.

I'm also grateful for the tip about welcome drinks and snacks. It's a thoughtful gesture that can make a big difference in a guest's experience.

Thank you again for your helpful insights.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Eman1482 

I think the 5 cover photos should not display the toilet.  It is a beautiful apartment but your not showing me that right away

Dear Marie,

Thank you for Your feedback, which is invaluable in helping me improve the experience for future guests 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Eman1482, I've added a tag with Marie's name to your comment. To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu. This way, they will receive a notification 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy 

Thanks for the tip on tagging. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future comments 🤝

Hi @Eman1482, your listing is beautiful. The bedrooms are decorated and staged nicely. The decor throughout blends well also. Per Airbnb policies you must have smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide monitor especially if you have gas appliances or heating system. I noticed the gas stove and if so definitely a carbon monoxide detector. I am confused with the living room area from the photos it looks like you have 2 living room sets? Two living room sets makes the room crowded. I hope this feedback helps 🙏🏾

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gail995, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with Eman. Just so you know, I saw that you had created created a separate post regarding your feedback for Eman. I have now merged it here for you, and I've also added a tag with Eman's name to your comment.

To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu. This way, they will receive a notification 😊

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Gail995 ,

Regarding the living room, I apologize for any confusion. There's actually only one living room set. It might appear as two due to the angle of the photos. I'll make sure to take clearer pictures to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thank you for your time and suggestions. I'll make the necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable and safe stay for my guests

Due-North0
Level 1
Minocqua, WI

Hello @Eman1482 ! Looks great - I would see if you can get some professional photos done. Otherwise just a few tips: Make sure photos are landscape and level. I would try to get the largest angle of each room to make it feel more spacious and bright. You can easily edit your own photos too to brighten then, get rid of some shadowing and sometimes the texture/clarity will really sharpen an image. Also, toilet seat down for photos 🙂  It looks like a lovely place! Cozy and inviting. For your first guests, I hope the visit goes great! As long as you are fully stocked it should be a breeze. I like to offer a welcome book which showcases the details for checking in and out and then different recommendations for the area and things to do! Canva makes templates for it so it's easy to just swap out the info for your own. Best of luck!!

@Due-North0 

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions!

Agree that professional photos would make a big difference.

I'll also take your advice about the photo angles and editing. I'll make sure to take photos in landscape orientation and try to capture the rooms from the widest possible angle. I'll also edit the photos to brighten them and reduce shadows.

Great tip about the toilet seat! I'll definitely keep that in mind for future photos.

I'm excited to welcome my first guests and appreciate your advice about offering a welcome book. I'll use Canva to create a personalized guide with information about checking in and out, as well as local recommendations.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback!

Hi @Eman1482 
My advice would be to indeed take photos that better show the atmosphere of the apartment. For example, close the toilet lid and make sure there are no cleaning supplies in the picture. As a potential tenant, I also don't need to see a photo of open kitchen cupboard doors. Maybe a bit of colour in the living room by means of accessories, cushions for example, could enhance the atmosphere in the photos. Is there also an outside? I miss photos of that, or of the view. Otherwise you have done a great job.

I wish you succes. Grz. Karen

@Elisabeth1209 

Thank you, Karen, for your valuable feedback. I'll definitely take your advice and pay more attention to the details in my photos. I'll make sure to close the toilet lid, hide cleaning supplies, and avoid showing open kitchen cupboards.

I'm glad you suggest adding more color to the living room. I'll look into adding some accessories or cushions to brighten up the space.

Regarding the outside, unfortunately, there isn't a private outdoor area. However, I can provide more information about the nearby parks and outdoor spaces in my listing description.

Thank you again for your suggestions. I'll make sure to implement them to create a more inviting and appealing listing.

Donna647
Level 2
Lake Worth, FL

I think it looks good but I would go with a professional photographer for this.