Have you discovered these new ways to fine-tune your price?

Airbnb
Official Account

Have you discovered these new ways to fine-tune your price?

pet.jpeg

We’re introducing over 50 new features in the coming weeks, including a new set of tools that offers you more flexibility when adding fees and considering discounts.

Specifically, you can include a pet fee, preview the price guests would pay—and your payout—before they book, and choose to offer a different cleaning fee for short stays. Each tool is designed to support you as you fine-tune your pricing strategy to meet your financial goals.

Have you tried any of these tools? Please let us know what you think—or go to the Resource Center to learn more.

29 Replies 29
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

So, we finally got a pet fee after.. how much? 10 years of begging. Oh yeah. Hallelujah!  Hosts around the world are dancing the dance of joy tonight. We will celebrate St. pet fee day on November 9. every year.  🙂

The only problem is - some hosts charge it per stay and others per night so.... what now?

But, I never heard or read that anyone was asking for a "short stay cleaning fee".

Now I know what to call the dance I did. The St. Pet Fee Day dance. Thanks, @Branka-and-Silvia0 ! 🙂

I'm booked up, with new dates blocked while I work out my schedule, but I almost want to take a chance and open up a few dates just so I can watch the pet fees roll in. 

A bit worried that ESA excuses will roll in instead, but you never know until you try.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lawrene0

I wanted to let you know that our policy had been updated to honour your concerns, giving you more control over pet fees. You can find more information in this post. 

Thanks again for all your feedback, and have a good weekend!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Amy93
Level 2
KCMO, MO

I've been a host since what, 2012? I'm an OG hoster, only private rooms in my home that I live in. What I have always wished I could do it set up my rooms to not allow anyone to check in on a holiday. I can't just mark my room as unavailable on said holiday, because then the room won't show up for someone who wants to stay a month that includes that holiday. I have two vacancies right now that I need to fill, but I can't mark Thanksgiving as "blocked" or no one can ask for any stay that includes Thanksgiving day. I don't mind having someone HERE on that day, if they arrive before. I just do not want to worry about checking someone in on that holiday. Does that make sense?

@Amy93  switch to "professional tools" and you will be able to select the dates on your calendar and add a "rule set" for these dates. One of the options is to not allow check-in or check-out on specific dates, and set the minimum and maximum stay on specific dates

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools

How have I missed this????? Thanks. I have it all fixed now!

I have the guest do a self check-in if I'm not home on a holiday.  Never had any problems. I give check-in instructions and inform them I will see them when I return home later that day. 

Victoria696
Level 4
Winchester, United Kingdom

I was very pleased to see a pet fee introduced but unfortunately I don't have the facility on my Airbnb account to add one.

When I asked customer services yesterday where I would find it, they said the Pet Fee facility wasn't available and I'd have to go through the resolution centre for each booking with a pet.    

So how are people able to add pet fees, and why don't I have that function.  Superhost for three years.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Victoria696 - I guess, it still needs a couple of weeks until all new features are rolled-out for all members:

"So, in the coming weeks, we’re introducing some features you’ve requested to give you greater control over your pricing and fees."

Ciao Victoria, the same is happening with my account 😞

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Victoria696 ,

As @Till-and-Jutta0 says, for the Pet fee it will be rolling out within the next few weeks. And AirCover is available now!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hello @Stephanie  So happy that we can now set a pet fee.  I have been a host for 10+ years and I am a superhost.  I allowed pets a few years back as suggested by AirBnB to increase bookings and so far I've had a few guests with pets.  There is a little extra cleaning and sometimes some maintenance to goes with allowing pets in your home.  Just to confirm... I've been selecting the hyperlink to take me to the section to allow me to add a pet fee, but nothing there.  So I understand this section is still in development and will be available soon?  Right now, I can't find the section to add a pet fee.  I assume it will be in the same section as "cleaning fee" etc?

Linda3345
Level 10
Corning, NY

Please help me think through the reasons a host would charge a smaller cleaning fee for a 1-2 night stay? 

I do all the same cleaning for a 2-night stay that I would do for a 5- day stay. I suppose with a longer stay, I might find more crumbs, but I still need to thoroughly vacuum either way. And changing out & laundering all the bedding, cleaning bathrooms, and all is pretty much the same, no matter how long the stay. 

Is there an option for, say, a cleaning fee once per week, on a month-long or longer stay? That I could understand.