Catherine’s Host Update: Upgrades to Community Support

Catherine’s Host Update: Upgrades to Community Support

image1.jpg

Hi everyone,

I’m thrilled to be sharing this Host Update with you, which has exciting news about how we’re up-leveling our Community Support team and policies. 

Some of the top concerns you’ve shared over the past year include having difficulty reaching an Airbnb Support Ambassador, and then not receiving a tailored response to your individual situation or the follow through you needed.

Because of your feedback, our Head of Global Operations, Tara Bunch, and VP of Community Support, Brent Potts, are rolling out major improvements to Community Support and significantly increasing the size of our support team around the world. This will ensure that we can respond to your situation quickly and thoroughly. 

We’re focusing on more personalized and empathetic responses to the experiences you report to us. This is so important. Every circumstance is different, and the team is going to work with you to better understand what you’re facing and then resolve it. We’re also simplifying Host and guest policies to better manage your expectations, and offering personalized “Smart Solutions” in the Help Center. 

And starting in North America on September 30, 2021, we’re rolling out Dedicated Superhost Support. This program will continue rolling out globally throughout 2021 and will offer you exclusive access to tenured Support Ambassadors who can handle situations efficiently. 

As always, thank you for sharing the topics that matter to you.

I’ll be in touch again soon with more news! 

All my best,

Catherine

133 Replies 133

@Razeena-And-Nathan0 I do not understand why you could not cancel the guest. If you have instant book on then you can cancel up to 3 times a year without penalty. If you do not have instant book enabled then you don't have t accept a booking request from a guest if you are uncertain as to how they will behave.

Thanks for the info, next time I’ll call ABnB support before the reservation if I have concerns. This experience was just awful. 

One thing that I have found common that guest take is towels and wash rags. Not sure why. I too, have reported damaged sheets and pillowcases. AirBnb did nothing. Because I am allergic to Polyester, I have to buy cotton sheets, blankets and pillowcases. This guest also did not check out until aft 4pm with another guest that had to wait until she came and got her stuff. He was a doctor and thank goodness was patient and understanding. 

Bishnu-Homestay0
Level 3
Pokhara, Nepal

Thank you so much for the information. As all we know COVID-19 affected our business. I am from Nepal and this year is more worst. There is no chance to get guest. Hoping for support from our community but no response.

would love to hear from you.

thank you 

Bishnu Homestay family 

Bishnu-Homestay0
Level 3
Pokhara, Nepal

It is sad that I lost my super host status. As you know no people are traveling and how can we meet all criteria. We are trying our best to meet but we are suffering ourselves, no business and our Guardian Airbnb supposed to help but not. Will be very happy if  I could get my superhost so by next year could get little business if situation improved,

thank you 

I hope this changes for you soon. Super Host criteria were waived during the pandemic for these reasons. 

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

I am 100% happy with customer service.  anytime I needed they were there and had solutions or explanations.  Tks

I am just curious (nothing personal, just want to know how you got the right support from Airbnb): Have you experienced people throwing a party in your place or abusing your property? 

MW

@Mariya24  Take a look at Regina's listings. She rents 2 private rooms in her home. Guests can't throw parties, sneak in extra guests or pets, or trash houses in private room listings.

Than we are comparing oranges and apples 😞

MW

Interesting that Regina has not answered any question asked of her. It's great that you are 100% happy but obviously had a party guest in your home.  I do live in my home but rent the entire 1, 800 sq ft downstairs and have experienced damage and young people out of control.

Sharyn5
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Hi, I haven't known where to give feedback or ideas for policy improvements I would like to see.  I would like guests to know that if they smoke in a non-smoking space that is clearly marked as such, they will be fined a minimum of $200 US dollars cleaning fee, which should be given to the host.  A substantial number of smokers feel free to do what they want.  I cannot stand it.  My property is in Mexico.  I think this rule should be world wide.  Thank you so much.  Sharyn Bates

Sharyn5
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Hi, I have been a SuperHost for many years.  When covid hit I knew it would be a bad idea to keep the reservations I had and I canceled one just before Airbnb did it automatically.  I lost my SuperHost designation!  Is there a way to have it reinstated now that I've reactivated my listings?  Other than just working hard to give good service and clean places, which I already do?

Nicholas144
Level 1
Costa Rica

The Support Ambassadors are a joke..they I had several problems this past 8 months and they are unable to help..they keep telling me they are sorry I am having problems but it seems like they do not know what to do...one Ambassador told me she was leaving her office for 3 days but would get back to me as soon as she returned...so I am supposed to ait 3 days for help........in my experience THEY ARE USELESS. IN another instance Airbnb support got back to me after 2 months ...I really thought it was a joke that they were replying to me after 2 months......they said Sorry for the delay...2 months!

So now you will have twice as many useless ambassadors...

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

 HOW anyone can trust that someone with no knowledge of english grammar can handle investigation of abusive guests reviews?  It is a JOKE ... sadly...

MW