Is your listing up to date to take advantage of the new guest Arrival Guide?

Airbnb
Official Account

Is your listing up to date to take advantage of the new guest Arrival Guide?

ArrivalGuide_Hero_desktop_484x272_default.jpg

Have you ever had nervous guests at check-in? Do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over? 

Airbnb’s new guest Arrival Guide can help your guests have a more confident and seamless start to their stay, and help save you time.

Starting this month, guests will find a new check-in guide at the top of their Trips tab 48 hours before check-in, giving them important details like directions to your space, check-in instructions, and wifi info. 

In order for this to work, you’ll need to check that you’ve filled out all the fields under the Info for guests section of your Listings tab. 

Check out the RC article for more details, and to see how your guests will experience the Arrival guide.  

The Arrival Guide will be available to guests on all three platforms (IOS, Android, and mobile web) by the end of May 24, 2021. Guests won't receive an Arrival Guide if their Host doesn't have check-in information filled out on the listing, so we recommend double checking just to be safe.

What do you think of the new arrival guide? What are your tips for making the best use of the Arrival guide for your hosting routine?

92 Replies 92
Cathy170
Level 3
Saint Paul Charlestown Parish, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Where we are in the Caribbean, we have no street names and numbers.  They are finally putting some street names, and my last VRBO guest did find the house, but still, with me giving some instructions.  I don’t believe our average guest who has not been here previously would be able to find this property easily.  Even local people make a few wrong turns and I am very specific with directions, but people don’t always listen and comprehend, unfortunately.  I like to keep close communication with guests, especially just prior to their trip.  They arrive on our sister island and need a taxi to take them to a water taxi to come over.  I try to make all the arrangements for them, along with having a rental car waiting on them and then just a short ride to follow me to the house.  It makes things much easier for them.  A little more work for me, but it’s not that much time out of my day to make sure they get a good start.

Cathy Yearwood

@Cathy170 

We are in the mountains, and onboard navigation has no clue. It sends people down roads that have been closed for years via landslides and such; logging roads  into the vast wilderness that have been locked off for decades; roads that have never been completed through, but show as intentions on ancient subdivision maps. Our street address is 3381 but the GPS thinks we are 4021 which doesn't exist anywhere. If you program in 3381 it takes you to a chicken house a mile or more down the road, which belongs to a neighbor and is not even near their house. Pretty useless! 

I have detailed directions for our guests, and attach a photo of the gate at the bottom of our 1/2 mile long driveway. It is really simple to get here if you follow them. I tell guests that if they use the GPS out of habit, be sure that it will do its best to get them lost. There is one road at the town limits that once went through, and if anyone goes there they'll be at a dead end and at the bottom of a canyon without a cell signal. I impress on them before arrival that they really need to ignore that voice that insists they obey. Like you, I do a lot of communication. It is really worth that bit of extra effort. -Kitty

Cathy170
Level 3
Saint Paul Charlestown Parish, Saint Kitts and Nevis

I totally agree.

Cathy Yearwood