Lizzie: I'll be away Sept 7-11th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: I'll be away Sept 7-11th

Beach.jpg

Hello team,

Just to let you know I'll be away from the CC for a few days next week. I'm off to stay in an Airbnb near the sea, in little old England. I actually booked this for March, but after it got cancelled I was able to rearrange it with the same host...so my March trip here I come! I think the sea will be a little warmer. 🙂 

I am very sad I will miss the bi-weekly social meetup (Wed Sept 9th), never fear @Katie will be your wonderful host this week and has already posted the information, don't have too much fun without me and please provide a full recap so I can still feel I was there. 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107,, @Yadira22@Alexandra316@Debra300@Robin4 

In the meantime, if you need anything please contact any of the other Community Managers, Katie, @Quincy , @Nick@Liv  and they will be happy to help and would love any excuse to have a chat. Otherwise, anything you DM me or @ mention me in, I'll get back to you when I return.

Take care and stay well everyone.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427@Cathie19@Kevin1322@Clara116@Quincy@Nick@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Helen3@Debra300,

Thanks so much for your kind messages. I had a lovely week and the weather gods were pretty good to me. 🙂 

It sounds like you had a great meetup on Wednesday. Can't wait to hear more about it. Any highlights you want to share? I hope you are all keeping well. 

Kevin - I'm sorry I didn't see you message until it was too late. I would love to meet you for a cuppa, I'm no stranger to Cornwall so perhaps once COVID starts to behave itself I will pop down again and we can meet. That would be so enjoyable, something to look forward to...and I'll bring the biscuits! It's great to hear you are booked up so much, Cornwall was a bit busier than I usually experience (it's closer to the peak in the year than I normally go). It was nice to see people enjoying themselves. I stayed in Porthtowan, a good place for surfing. 

Helen, very interesting to hear you have a local Cornwall, I wonder if all the Cornwalls around the world are beautiful places? 🙂 

Here are a couple of photos: 

Cornwall 2.jpg

Cornwall.jpg

(For any Poldark fans out there, you might recognise this mine landscape). 

Looking forward to catching up and hearing how your week has been. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie

Originally You've stated You'd be away Sept. 7 – 11th. Today You are reporting Yourself back, but today is Sept. 14th. Where have You been on Sept 12 and 13?

Lizzie, be honest with us, don't make something up.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha @Ute42. I'm always late to the party. 🙂 

I was actually doing some work over the weekend and catching up a little, but just saying hi now. 

I hope you are keeping well. 

--------------------

😎   @Lizzie  , we're keeping an eye on You!  😎

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo, I bet that's terribly boring @Ute42 haha - rather you, than me. 🙂

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

Welcome back. You did better than me.  I didn't make it to the beach at all during my holidays last week.  We are trying to get the guesthouse ready for approval when the government starts to let non-resorts host international guests.  Unfortunately, things are literally done on island time (for which there is no known time zone).

You came right by our house! Next time come in for a cup of tea!

Always welcome!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Looking great - Thank you for sharing @Lizzie

This break was well deserved 🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Welcome back @Lizzie 

Cool you went surfing.

What type of board do you use?

My guest from Germany @Ute0 learnt to surf in New Zealand & became addicted.

She knows more about the game than the golden oldies here who surf.

@Lizzie  One of the birds on the sand on the beach at first glance looks like it's carrying a surfboard...alas it's the way it's wings are positioned 🏄 

What type of birds are they?

Did you see any of them close up swimming in the sea?

Birds are clever the way they go about their little lives, love watching the Shags swimming through the water.

Lizzie our Cornwall Park here in Auckland was name after the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall & was gifted by John Logan Campbell for all the people of New Zealand  to enjoy.  In historic archives he made it his wish it would have a tribute  to each & every country in the world, alas those magnificent aspects have been lost in recent years by those who manage the park as they didn't research it's history to understand the history, particularly the botanicals and exotic species.

I learnt much of it's early history through people whose family members worked alongside JLC.

We also have a Cornwallis beach in Auckland.

I think you had a great time