Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Jan431
Level 3
Sunshine Bay, Australia

I am disappointed with the changed information show in my iPhone Calendar. All it says now is "Reserved" and now have to open each day to see who is visiting that day. Before I could just look at my iPhone Calendar and see when a new client come for cleaning and organisation purposes.  

The new formatted home page makes it difficult to find important details as a host and is more focused on advertising air bnb products I am not interested in. It takes a lot longer to find the information from booking requests.

Carmen699
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi, it happened something xtrange trying to answer Kyle. It did not take my logg. You said will send a file to create a new loggin but I do not got it. I can not create a new and no use the oldone. Please send the file. Regards carmenjenniep@hotmail.com

Haniel0
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

it seems to me much complicated, i was much happier with old one. it is not easy to me. sorry.

Datchanee0
Level 2
Hua Hin, Thailand

Dear Sally,

Are you aware that there is new law recently passed in Thailand prohibiting short term renting of any condominiums or apartments. No more daily or weekly rentals, minimum of 30 days / 1 month.

This new law was recently passed due to the big hotels (Sofitel, Marriott, Hyatt, etc) complaining to the government that condominium/apartment owners were taking all of their business away.

Specifically in Hua Hin, Thailand there are literally  thousands of condominium/apartment rentals at any given time.

The only way around the new law is to purchase a hotel license which is extremely expensive and well out of reach for any condo/apartment owner.

In our condominium complex there are 108 condos and there are signs posted in every one of the 18 buildings foyer bullion board explaining the penalties if you are caught breaking the law and explaining the new law to any condo owner who might not be aware of it.

I am quite surprised that we just received a new confirmed booking from Airbnb for 2 nights !!!!

Datchanee (Tuk)

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

AIRBNB - Please provide the option to set check-in and check-out rules for specified dates.

For example between Christmas and New Year, I'd be happy to host guests if they stay for the whole period, but I don't want guests staying for  just 1 or 2 days which is the norm for my listings. Currently, the only way for me to avoid check- in and check-outs during this period is for me to block the calendar and have no guests. Thank you.

Linda361
Level 2
Richmond, VA

It seems to me that the guest should have their picture, as I do. They can see who their host is, but I do not know who I am offering a room to. If a person walks into a hotel to reserve a room, you see that person and can interact better. Interacting to a blank is hard for me.

Diane34
Level 4
Palmer Lake, CO

thanks

Thanks.  Holidays are hectic enough.  People are traveling with their pets too which provide another issue altogether.  Short term are too much of a bother.

Ann q

James1366
Level 2
Mobile, AL

I want to be able to see star ratings from guests again

Pamela762
Level 2
New Zealand

As far as I can see and judging by other hosts comments you have made it worse than ever I have want to block parts of my calendar due to severe health problem and cannot access it now I have people arriving and I might not be here to clean  in fact my family will be using the house and there won't be beds!

Ange4668
Level 1
Burnett Heads, AU

How about you start fixing problems that hundreds/thousands(?) of your hosts have with switching between hosting/traveling on the app?  
How about you fix the app so that my listing doesn’t show up at all at times?

How about you fix the app so I can view my calendar?

How about you hire more staff so that they answer my chats?

I want to edit a saved message, and I can't locate it!!

Daniel1022
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Avez-vous ces pages en français?

Merci...

Artemisia2
Level 1
Dahab, EG

There's nowhere to decline the reservatior. I got the email, I clicked on pre approve or decline . t took me to the reservation request and there's nothing there but a message box and another box saying send a special offeo. I simply want to decline it and there is no option.