Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Ailsa7
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

I would like people who ask for a reservation, but don’t follow it thru to tell you that they have gone elsewhere. They don’t need to tell me why, but if I have to respond to their request then surely they should have the courtesy to say they are not preoceeding. 

Harriet46
Level 2
Cayman Islands

On the listing where do I add the 13% tax that I pay to our Gov .on rentals?

No place to add this charge on the site for guest to pay?? found a place to add this charge on other sites that I'm listed on.

Please let me know or am I missing something? 

Jeanne125
Level 2
Merritt Island, FL

I think Airbnb should reconsider putting back the co-host split too and ASAP.  The change in how a co-host receives their split now forces a co-host to give their social security # to the owner so they can divide the proceeds appropriately.  The spit can only be entered by the owner, the co-host cannot enter this information from their end, and Airbnb cannot help from their internal files.  I, not only co-host for friends, but for out of town owners that I don't know well.  Either way, I should not have any share my SS# with anyone but Airbnb directly.  In addition, the % a co-host receives with the new system now includes a % of the cleaning fee received from a guest and previously, the split only included rent.  I do not clean the units I host for, I arrange a cleaner, and the $ should be separated and not part of the mix.

Lyn99
Level 2
Coolum Beach, Australia

I would like to see an itamised  pay list to each indervidual reservation   ie  Room amount   + extra guests amount  -  Air BnB % fee -  1% early payout fee + cleaning fee =. Payout figure ..... now that shouldn't be so hard to do.

thanks. Lyn 

Marcia250
Level 2
Goa, India

Airbnb, 

May 2018 - you informed me you would not display Joel tv  views.  A cyclone hit Goa on same date Joel arrived.  Trees, plants all crashed  at the environment.  On him travelling to North Goa that night another storm hit.  All beach huts were brought down.    His view on my apt is uncalled for.  Kindly do not display.

Marcia

Hope5
Level 2
Plano, TX

Yes I would like for the cohost payments to be split  by Airbnb again

Randy93
Level 2
Harrisonburg, VA

Ok people who want/need the cohost payout feature should pay extra for that feature  airbnb can take a higher percentage from those who need airbnb to do extra work for them double the percentages taken for people with 2 hosts/payouts ... simple.

Mal10
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi,

When is Airbnb going to make it easier and less time consuming for hosts with 2 - 4 listings by bringing back the "View Multi-Calender" option.

Provide more control over the deposits.  Host should have full control on this just the as any regular rental, hotel or other acoomodations business has control over the deposits.  Airbnb provides to many options for guest to avoid paying or taking reponsibility for damages or other issues with deposits.

I currently don't even understand why ther is a deposit op[tion if we have not control. Whats the purpose?

Ron236
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I REALLY miss being able to select the check in tab and have all of the data transfer to my calendar. Will this be restored or is there another way to get this done? 

Danny-T-K0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I wish to express Airbnb help team for the improvement they created to make my Homestay page more visible to visitors.  Now I am getting booked more frequently.  Great job! And thank you.

Colby9
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

I have a few suggestions:

1) Allow us to manually change the $ amount of the payout split in the transaction history. So if I have a 10% auto-split, I can go in after the book was made and before the payout takes place to easily adjust the amount before it's paid out. This will help a lot of people with the thier co-host hurdles that they are already doing workarounds for to pay thier cohosts anyways.

2) Stop acting like "infants" aren't guests. I have a MAX number of people allowed per unit at my complex. If I say the max amount is 6 people for a 2 bedroom unit, they can't have 5 people and 4 infants and just have the number show "5 guests" on the main reservation. I list it in my house rules and 3 places in my listing. But it still happens.

3) Show the "House Rules" on mobile devices in a way that makes them read and manually click "accept" as the last step before finalizing a booking request like it used to be. There is WAY too much stuff hidden from the listing discriptions on mobile. It's no wonder why people show up and don't know you have a dog (as someone mentioned in this thread) but it is clearly listed in your discription. Don't ask for so many separate fields to be filled in if you aren't going to display them to the guest.

3) When you make changes, think them through and/or at least let us know there are things we need to go look at and potentially revise. Here are 2 examples:

* You used to ask the host "Is Coffee Provided?" and we check a box for yes. Now it asks "Is breakfast OR coffee provided?". Well I provide coffee and not breakfast. But if you check the box because you do provide coffee, it appears on the actual listing to the guest only stating "Breakfast Provided - Yes". Now guests think I have breakfast and I didn't even know you changed the wording.

* When you setup a new listing, you need to know all these nuances. Like that when you publish your listing, you need to go back and redo ALL the amenities because there is now a check box for "HOT WATER" that is not checked from the abreviated listing setup and it appears as if I don't offer hot water. SMH. This is also the case for our existing listings when you just add a ton of new feilds that we don't know about.

A simple email like "Hey we made some changes to our amenities fields (like adding a hot water as a feature). Please go take a look at it for each of your listings and update accordingly."

Most software programs and website dashboards have little notification alerting you of site updates/changes on their back-end. Saving us the trouble of having to figure out for ourselves that none of our existing 75 listings show we offer hot water OR that co-hosting splits features have changed OR the update/removal of the multi-calendar and where you can go in settings to access that feature. Your customer service reps would probably find it useful as well; since they are usually the last to know about changes we experience. 

That being said... I do LOVE Airbnb and hosting. I also do appreciate new features like mass update of listing features, house rules, etc. 

Eustorgia-Margot0
Level 2
Chiapas, Mexico

YO SOY EUSTORGIA MARGOT Y TENGO 24 MESES DE TRABAJAR AIRBNB Y AL PRINCIPIO TUVE MUYS HUESPEDES PERO EN ESTOS ULTIMOS MESES A SIDO DEMACIADO POCO LA FLUENCIA DE VISITAS Y NO COMO INGREMENTARLONECESITO DE SU AYUDA POR FAVOR GRACIAS.

Jason732
Level 1
Phuket, Thailand

Easy to flash back after sending pre-approval. 

Nan8
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Please put the co-host and cleaning direct payment back. It should be an option eventhough if it affects the fee we should decide if we want it or not!