A 27 day guest wants to leave one day early. Should I offer to see if my calendar can be cleared and try to rebook and if so, refund?

Rich-Annie0
Level 2
Greenville, SC

A 27 day guest wants to leave one day early. Should I offer to see if my calendar can be cleared and try to rebook and if so, refund?

A "27 day guest just" informed me that in six days they wish  to leave a day early.  I do not believe that I am obligated to give them a refund. Should I contact Airbnb to see if they can open the calendar for that last day?  Is this even possible without returning their money?  If the day re-books I will gladly refund their money for that day. Or should I just forget about it since it is a weekday with only one consecutive day currently available?   Please advise.  Thank you.  

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

If your guest amends their booking to reflect the fact they are leaving one day earlier then your calendar for that day should open up again.  Any refund will depend on your cancellation policy but to be honest, I would probably refund that one day if it was me.  If you cancel that last day yourself your calendar is likely to remain blocked with a potential penalty against you.