AIRBNB apartment issues with corporate lease

Erica1255
Level 2
Irving, TX

AIRBNB apartment issues with corporate lease

I have 10 plus arbitrage units and some owned. Units are all in my business names with STR insurance. The only one of my arbitrage apartments communities that doesnt have an amendment allowing Airbnb in the lease is giving me a bit of issues now. In this one community the leasing manager denied my amendment but wrote a note into my corporate lease allowing airbnb/vrbo and any other website advertising for the first 2 years. Now after the building lease up the new manager is saying I can no longer use Airbnb to get tenants for my lease renewal, but I still may short term rent with my own background checks. He says he will work with me but I'm not sure how lenient. Ive already created an owner rez website which I shouldve done long ago but what methods would be the best to get actual corporate clients? They only care about the advertising aspect of Airbnb/vrbo any of these kind of sites not it being a short term rental. Is there a way I can pause the airbnb listing and only use it to get long term bookings then make it not show again so the community wont spot check? My recent airbnb booking requests going into the new lease time have already agreed to criminals background checks. Just trying to find the best way to still be profitable as AIRBNB gets me about $1300-2400 net per unit in that area. Or cut my losses and non renew. I can also sign a 6 month lease and see how it goes...

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can set up on Airbnb to only take longer term bookings @Erica1255 but if they don't want you to use the platform then I don't see how it would help you.

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Erica1255 

I am not sure that I understand exactly what your question is. If you stay on Airbnb, then as @Helen3 has said you can go to availability and under minimum stay enter the minimum number of nights that you want to allow. But you also mention that you may want to "pause" the listing. If so, you can click on the relevant listing and go to the listing editor and change the listing status to "unlisted". You will have to manually turn it back on if you decide to have it listed again.

The main reason i dont want to unlist is having the integration with Airbnb into my own ownerrez site and having the pricing settings still map over. I think the manager is will to be lenient about it but not sure how much so. Main question is where do I even get corporate rental guests other than an insurance company and the only one I know of is ALE.