Accommodation only in the required location

MidCoast-Holiday-Rentals0
Level 1
Wallabi Point, Australia

Accommodation only in the required location

As a Manager of Holiday Rentals, I want to see my properties listed in their location. When you search a town you will get properties that are kilometres from where I want to be.

I have searched many pages only to find a handful of properties in the location I am searching.

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @MidCoast-Holiday-Rentals0 

Go to the listings tab and click the property. Scroll to location and click. You will see the option to show the exact location instead of the general location.

Hi @Shelley159,

I have my settings to exact location but this has been a strong grievance for me since I started. So many people & even when I look incognito myself on Google towns up to 40 minutes away pop up first. I feel if a traveler puts in an exact town location that is what they should see. 
Then it was suggested that they offered first what they had filtered in search criteria. That is a blatant false statement as the filters were set to exactly what my listing had. 
Go figure. 
If guests type in a specific town that is what they should see. 
It’s been a frustration of many guests. I suggest them to voice the complaint to AirBnB directly then maybe this bug will be fixed. 
Bettye6

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

100% agree with you @Bettye6 👏  I've lost count the number of times I've said this on here and it baffles me why the algorithme does this as it frustrates the guest no end to like a place, click on it only to discover it's not even in the town entered in the search😩

As you say, by all means show other listings in towns nearby at the end but not on that very first page!!  As it is, I find that there are no where near enough filters for guests to narrow down their choice and I think most give up, frustrated that they see too many listings that don't correspond to what they're looking for.  Other platforms have a great selection of filters and the search is quick and easy but long winded on Airbnb.  Such a shame and frustrating for both hosts and guests alike.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@MidCoast-Holiday-Rentals0 The only way to deal with this is to zoom the map in to a narrow area around the place you want to stay.

Sadly Airbnb will do nothing as it likes to control which listings come up in a search so that it can control its hosts. As a result less savvy guests will miss out on potentially cheaper listings just because they, for example, don't allow Instant Book or have a Strict cancellation policy.