Adding a discount

David10369
Level 2
Bridport, United Kingdom

Adding a discount

Hi, when I try to add a custom discount to dates selected on my calendar the original price is low! So I’m applying a discount to an already lower price. Why is this. Surly I should be able to discount the current nightly price.

6 Replies 6

@David10369 

Would need a bit more information to help you...

On your calendar:

Do you have a base price set?

Are you using a custom weekend price?

Are you using Smart Pricing?

Are you manually changing the price?

Are you using a Custom Promotion to reduce the price?

Do you have other discounts set on your calendar?

Are you using Rule Sets to discount the price?

Providing screen shots of your calendar and how you are discounting the price would be helpful.

David10369
Level 2
Bridport, United Kingdom

Hi joan2709, yes have base price set for all dates on my listing. No smart pricing set, I’m trying to use the custom pricing where you select the dates then use the sliding scale to determine the discount rate, my base rate is £110 p/n however when using the custom pricing it says “original price “ £105 so I’m applying a discount to a lesser rate from the start. Hope this helps?

@David10369 

Yes...Airbnb calls this an "average price" that appears on the Custom Promotion if you are applying over dates with different prices (confusing, I know).  Look at your calendar prices after you apply the discount and those are the actual prices a guest would book at...not the price appearing at the top of the custom promotion.

I generally set one price for weekdays and a different price for weekends. To make it easier I apply 2 separate promotions; one for weekdays and one for weekends.

Joan2709_0-1726434718820.png

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@David10369 

Is the price lower than your normal rate on those days without the custom discount?

Smart Pricing?

A Rule you have set for so many days or midweek booking because byes the ABB platform will apply multiple discounts Hosts have been burnt by that because they didn't notice.

David10369
Level 2
Bridport, United Kingdom

yes have base price set for all dates on my listing. No smart pricing set, I’m trying to use the custom pricing where you select the dates then use the sliding scale to determine the discount rate, my base rate is £110 p/n however when using the custom pricing it says “original price “ £105 so I’m applying a discount to a lesser rate from the start. Hope this helps?

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @David10369 

This is how promotions are calculated

https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/article/2721

If the promoted price is lower than you intended, you can manually change the price on the calendar (instead of running a promotion)