Airbnb blocks Vrbo calendar check out date

Answered!
Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb blocks Vrbo calendar check out date

Hello,

Calendar synch between the two platforms has worked great for me. I did just notice an issue which I have seen mentioned on these forums but could not find a resolution.

If a guest tries to book a check out date on Vrbo where I have an Airbnb guest checking in they are not allowed as Airbnb shows that full day unavailable.

In the opposite scenario, Vrbo is properly sending info to Airbnb so a guest is able to check out on Airbnb if a Vrbo guest is checking in.

Any way to resolve so I don't miss out on Vrbo guest bookings where Airbnb is incorrectly sending full days blocked if a guest is checking-in?

Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

In case others come across this post I reached out to customer support and they confirmed the current calendar sync behavior cannot be modified and asked that I enter a request to the team for a modification which I have done.  Not sure if and when a change may take place but something to be aware of.  I do wonder if there is not an issue if a central channel manager is used.  I'm only testing a direct sync from Vrbo to Airbnb and Airbnb to Vrbo.

Thanks,

Scott

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Never thought about this, but a most interesting point. I have encountered this a few times.

Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Thanks for confirming @Fred13.

Has anyone else found a way to resolve this?  Is there a setting in calendar related to sync that would tell it to not block a check out date?  

Thank you

Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Hope someone else has come up with a solution to this. Thanks in advance to anyone with recommendations!

Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

In case others come across this post I reached out to customer support and they confirmed the current calendar sync behavior cannot be modified and asked that I enter a request to the team for a modification which I have done.  Not sure if and when a change may take place but something to be aware of.  I do wonder if there is not an issue if a central channel manager is used.  I'm only testing a direct sync from Vrbo to Airbnb and Airbnb to Vrbo.

Thanks,

Scott

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Scott1598 ,

Thanks for coming back to provide updates for other members who would run into similar queries! 

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Scott1598 :

We don't normally experience this, at our larger property as we block one day before and one day after a reservation. Since we do this, we don't generally have an issue with checkin/checkout on the same day.  

We do have another property that is smaller that always is more booked on Airbnb than Vrbo. We do allow same day checkout/check in on that one. Never noticed this problem though. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up! 

Lucas92
Level 3
Geneva, Switzerland

This is totally unfair play by Airbnb... as this was only introduced in the past year or so - making bookings more difficult via other platforms like VRBO.

I've got a number of weeks available on Airbnb that are just shut-down on VRBO through their synchronizing.

Another Airbnb trick

And so - although I'm the CEO of my company - I just spent 20m manually synchronizing the 2 calendars but yes - if 2 people book at the same time on both platforms - I'll again be the one penalized for Airbnb's trick.

Total BS