Block dates host not available

Johnny303
Level 1
Uppsala, Sweden

Block dates host not available

I'm constantly visiting other countries for a month in a row. I would like to have a function in the calendar where I accept guests that come before a certain date and stays for a minimum amount of days.

Say for example that you have planned to be away during November. I would like to have a booking that overlaps november so that I can receive the guest before I go and check-out the guest after I come home. Ofcourse I have an emergency contact that could handle problems.

So far I was just in luck when I managed to have guests staying here while I was gone.

Anyone with ideas in this matter?

/Johnny

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Johnny303 

So you do no want guests checking-in/-out during the specific month and at least stay for that whole month.

It means you need to create a ruleset which makes it only possible to make a booking just before the month starts and ends after the month has finished. Setup also depends on how many nights you want to be that time periods before/after the month.

If you create a ruleset which says minimum stay is amount of nights in the specific month and limit it to minimum of 1 check-in day (which offcourse must not be the first day of that month), then nobody can book during that month if the ruleset is applied.

In the week before that month you need to set minimum stay at least to a value the booking will include the upcoming month, also set a maximum stay to be sure booking will not be to long after the month has ended. And you can use limitation of check-in/check-out days also, if desired.

Johnny303
Level 1
Uppsala, Sweden

I understand. But it's very complicated and time consuming to configure that. I would like to see a function in the calendar where you can block check-in/check-outs during a specified period of time and also have the opertunity to specify how many days prior to that period that shoyld be blocked for bookings without overlaping the whole non checkin/out period.

That way I could get to know the guests before I leave. I know this may be a corner case for some, but for me it's essential to have that function...