Calendar availability Same day notice

Calendar availability Same day notice

Hi everyone! I'm quite confused about the calendar availability >  advance notice (same day) > same day advance notice ( 2:00PM) 

That's our setup at the moment. Will the guest be able to select an option for their check-in time to 2 pm onwards? Not before 2pm.  Or if you have suggestions, feel free to comment down. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Hi @Jadelyn1 

If your check-in time is 4pm

Same day notice 2pm means a guest can book today from 12:00AM all the way up until 2pm today and still check-in at 4pm. 

Some Hosts don't have an issue with this (doing same day turns), if the property can be cleaned in several hours. That said, some Hosts still give themselves a bit more time and say the guest can book today and check-in today, but only up until 12noon. This would still allow 4hours to clean in case of a late check-out or the listing requires more cleaning time than normal.

Thanks @Joan2709 , where can I see that 12 pm onwards? So i can adjust the time I prefer. 

@Jadelyn1 

Calendar

Availability

Advance Notice

Same Day Advance Notice

Joan2709_0-1725400231351.png

You can also select allow shorter notice option if you wish:

Joan2709_0-1725400739242.png

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Jadelyn1 

Just as an example, I have Instant Book turned on and I take bookings by setting the calendar to "At least 1 day". So if a guest books more than 24 hours before my check-in time, the booking goes through instantly. However, I also have that slider button on that shows in the screenshot "allow requests with shorter notice". So when guests want to book less than 24 hours before my check-in time, it comes through in the form of an enquiry (instead of an instant booking), which I can then approve. This gives me a few moments to think whether the place will be ready on time, or to ask them what time they plan to arrive.

Hope it helps to clarify how it works at a practical level.