Condo on fire

Condo on fire

Hi, 

My condo got on fire on August 23, 2023. It is almost a total lost.  It is not clear year what is the cause. I am still waiting for the fireman report.

I have received email form the resolutions team which as me the add item by item my personnel belongings. To me it make no sense as the whole place burned down. I have sent photos and videos.

I have tried to contact Airbnb several time. Each time I have to explain the reason why I'm calling as there seems to be nothing on the file. How can I manage to talk to someone that is  familiar with AirCover for Hosts?

It is frustrating to always have to talk to someone on the front line and has no idea of what I'm talking about.

6 Replies 6

@Reginald86 

Have you contacted your business insurance - if it was caused by a guest  - or your homeowners, if not? They will, of course, need the fire department report as well. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why haven't you opened a claim if a guest was responsible @Reginald86 

That is what I am trying to to do.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you followed the guidance for doing so on the Airbnb Help Centre. Contact the guest first with evidence for your claim and costs and if the guest doesn't respond or refuses to pay you ask Airbnb to arbitrate.  @Reginald86 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/279

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Reginald86, This is a terrible loss and I cannot imagine the amount of stress it may have caused to you.

As @Helen3 and @Kitty-and-Creek0 mentioned, Have you managed to open a claim, either through an AirCover/ contacting guest or your business insurance?

The resource guide that our Host member Helen has shared will be able to help you with more information about how to open an AirCover claim. Please keep us posted if you've heard back from the Support team in the meantime.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Reginald86 I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how devastating this is for you. However, it does make sense that you would have to list every item that was damaged. The best way to do this is to tackle one room at a time and give a value or provide receipts of items for that room. Examples follow: 

Living room

* couch purchased for $1,200 around 11/9/2022

*55-inch Samsung HD TV purchased for $800 on 6/8/2023

kitchen

*pot&pans approximately $212 receipt attached

*dishes approximately $99 purchased in 2022

I hope this gives you some insight on what you need to provide to your insurance and also AirCover. 

Good luck