Creating a listing: Breakdown

Answered!

Creating a listing: Breakdown

Hi all,

Looking to help my mum list her place.

Can someone provide me with a detailed breakdown of what I need to write? I don't want to create or save the listing just yet as we are sorting the property out still, but I'd like to think of what to say.

I did try this initially, but it only asks for the title and the listing description of 500 words. What sections are there? I have seen some listings that have a heading called "the space" and it's longer than 500 characters so I am a bit confused. 

Basically, I just need a breakdown of the titles of what the listing will entail  e.g.:

1. the title

2. listing description 

Hoping this makes sense. Just want to start thinking of what to write before we get the property ready etc. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No-one here can give you a detailed breakdown of what you need to write. Each listing is different. 🙂

Start by reading up on how Airbnb works @Robyn432  there are useful guides and tutorials on this community forum.

To get an idea of what you should write do some market research and look at other comparable listings in your area. 

When you go to set up your listing on Airbnb it will take you through the various sub headings. Some are only available once you publish your listing.

Think about what information you would want if you were renting a short term let.

Think about what photos you will need and how to make your listing appealing to the sort of guests you want to target as potential customers.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Robyn432 

You can start you add on AirBNB and not putting it available yet, it will help you familiarized with it. And you will be able to see all the section you can document.

and look at AirBNB around your location to impure yourself on what to write

Annie
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No-one here can give you a detailed breakdown of what you need to write. Each listing is different. 🙂

Start by reading up on how Airbnb works @Robyn432  there are useful guides and tutorials on this community forum.

To get an idea of what you should write do some market research and look at other comparable listings in your area. 

When you go to set up your listing on Airbnb it will take you through the various sub headings. Some are only available once you publish your listing.

Think about what information you would want if you were renting a short term let.

Think about what photos you will need and how to make your listing appealing to the sort of guests you want to target as potential customers.

Ahhh I didn't realise some were only available once published - this now makes sense. Thanks so much 

@Robyn432 

When you answer to someone, put a @ followed by their name and they will hat a notification of your answer

enjoy building your add 

Annie
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Robyn432 

Just another few pieces of advice....

1 - Learn your local bylaws and potential municipal accomodation and other taxes, and licensing costs.

2 - Talk to your insurance company or broker - Most STR'S, if not strictly home sharing, ie remote hosting, are subject to commercial business costs. More expensive than home insurance, but if you assume that your home insurance covers your rental, depending on the situation, you may inadvertently void your insurance coverage.

3 - Find out what types if federal, provinces, state, city, municipal taxes need to be collected and remitted.

4 - Find out how the income is reported, for example, sole proprietor, shared partnership, LLC, etc.  You may need to involve a tax accountant of a lawyer.

5 - Consider liability if you supply things like bikes, canoes, kayaks, if that applies.

Best wishes in your new journey!