Critique my listing -Adesuwa from Nigeria

Adesuwa2
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Critique my listing -Adesuwa from Nigeria

Dear All 

I am a new Airbnb host so I am still trying to a get a hang of how things work here .

Please critique my listing .

I listed a room with a dedicated and private bathroom on August 1st but up till today August 10th I have  no booking and I have only 14 views .

Please see below a link to my listing 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1184183713384344765?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

Airbnb mentioned that the "experienced guest" as first guests option  for new hosts may have slowed things down are bit but I would like to know what your thoughts are on this matter. 

Regards

Adesuwa 

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Adesuwa2 

Your listing is set that only experienced Airbnb Guests can even enquire?  When your a New Host going after that market is going after Guests less forgiving on your listing layout and yours could use sone improvements.

@Marie8425 

Thanks for your feedback .

The "experienced guest option was recommended by Airbnb. Do you think I should take it off ? Maybe without that caveat I could get more views and bookings? Please let me know your thoughts 

You also mentioned that my layout could use some improvements. Please could you mention some of the improvements that you think I could make?

Regards

Adesuwa 

@Adesuwa2 

If you take it off and do not turn on instant book.  Then  you aren't saying yes to everyone just allowing them to even ask.  

If you haven't because since zI am not a seasoned guest I can't see even your prices use the Airbnb New Host Discount instead of the weekly olr monthly discounts usually the first 3 guests are shorter stays so willing to take the chance and want thed discount.

Some good advice another Host postedc was think of your listing like an article in a magazine.  So the title should peak the guests curiosity and your cover photo should tie into your title,

When a Guest does click on your listing most of us are visual so w look at pictures.  Doing the pictures yourself is fine, but things like crooked pictures,not a easy to follow flow, your pictures are the Guests first Impression of your property and of you.  You want to tell the Guest you are committed and worth your effort.

Your description is the magazine article.  If I am a guest considering, yes disclose but word it positively.  House is quiet early at my listing but I focus more on a good environment for people that rise early have work commitments.  Don't waste your space saying I don't want this, instead encourage what you do want.   Same meaning but makes you sound friendly.

As a Guest I don't know the benefits of your location liked you do.  Close to or public transportation or safe environment.  Point out benefits.

Check your amenities list everything there are so many because some rentals don't provide toilet paper if you have a kitchen say what appliances it includes everything