Critique my listing - Craig in Georgia USA

Craig806
Level 2
Lawrenceville, GA

Critique my listing - Craig in Georgia USA

New to Airbnb and would like some advice on how to attract more bookings.  Been getting a few bookings mostly on the weekend.  My cabin is located in Helen, GA, September and October are the biggest months for rental for Octoberfest.    

Listing link:  Cabin in Sautee Nacoochee · ★5.0 · 2 bedrooms · 4 beds · 2 baths

IMG_2706.jpegIMG_2709.jpegIMG_2711.jpegIMG_2726.jpegIMG_2730.jpeg

16 Replies 16
Craig806
Level 2
Lawrenceville, GA

Sorry forgot to add a link: airbnb.com/h/bearabeara

Hi- sweet cabin, but I find it a little confusing- is the apartment part of the house ? Is is rented separately ? I think that needs clarification- and captions on the pics will help.

lastly you we’d artwork- personality on those walls. It’s a charming place but a little more light and character will go a long way. 
Good Luck- it should be a great home for an airbnb !

For a new Airbnb listing, I would suggest setting up a custom promotion for a period of time and set the discount to 20%.  This would cause your rental to be highlighted and have emails sent to guests by Airbnb.  This would hopefully create a flow of rentals for you.  Ensure 5 star reviews with these rentals.  The more 5-star reviews you receive the more appealing your rental will be.  I utilize the custom promotion discount to attract visitors during slow periods. 

Nadine910
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

hello 👋 you have a great place. I would add some bedside lamps, and some decoration to make it more cosy 💚

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Craig806 ,

nice cabin! just two small suggestions:

a)  add captions to your photos

b) add a map of the cabin so it's easier to understand how it's laid out

good luck!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Craig806 

Hopefully some helpful ideas

I would reconsider the "Flexible" cancellation if you are aware special event.

Your description is great info but I suggest you move the information to where on individual photos you can give room information.

I agree though a better information about the layout.  The first thing I see is 2 bedrooms but 4 beds.  Your description hints studio like area and loft or are those the 2 bedrooms?

I can't tell in your photos either?

Don't demand the Guest imagine if the table comfortably seats 6 take a picture of it set for 6.

Show a better picture of living room seating, it looks like only 2.

On amenities an Airbnb Bug it says No Essentials.

I would closely review your competitors pricing.  Not all rentals are week long stays even in Hawaii I managed some rentals that the market was weekends.  Are you in that market?  Are you in the position you want to be right now?  Review your expense model again, if your market is weekends sure you lose profit on those days nut you also loose expenses of a Guest.  Then apply that to your expected money from the rental of the cabin and can that be met by a higher weekend pricing model?

Thank you all for the great ideas, the information provided was very informative.   I will start working on my listing and making some necessary changes. 

Sally1062
Level 2
Texas, United States

I think I would turn on all lights when you’re taking photos. It helps to brighten up the space and makes it a strong photo.

Rebecca-Anne0
Level 2
Encinitas, CA

Hello, @Craig806 

Improve your listing description by making it less of a sales pitch and, instead, give more information.  You could cut about 25% of the existing words and add ones with more info about your area and your Airbnb.  For example, you didn't mention OctoberFest in your description.

(Also, I make little improvements to my Airbnb every month or so, depending on what my guests say.)

If you like, please look at my listing.  I've been a host for two years and usually have a rating of 4.94 or 4.95.  My occupancy rate tends to vary between 60 -  95%.

Search the Airbnb site for "Private entrance, bedroom, bath, patio, & parking, Room in Encinitas, California, Stay with Rebecca Anne."

My Airbnb is "One of the most loved homes on Airbnb, according to guests."

Below is my entire listing information, but the first paragraph is the most important.

Wishing you increased bookings,

Best regards,

Becky

About this place:

Private entrance, bedroom & bath, private patio, parking; 6 blocks from ocean. No shared spaces, except garden. Mini fridge, coffee station, room heater, fan, Wi-Fi. Charming accommodations for 1 or 2 people. No children under 12; not suitable. King bed. Table & chairs on patio, nice bench with view of small orchard. Peaceful neighborhood. Beach, pizza, winery, brewery, nice restaurants, & markets nearby. Owner lives on premises, no access to main house. Solar energy. No smoking or vaping.

The space:

The AirBnB rental is accessed through the back garden. There is a small patio with some morning light and afternoon shade. Private entrance for guests through the patio door. The garden has an annual cycle of fruit and flowers. The room is ample, with nice furniture, and a large closet with towel warmer. There's a mini fridge with a small freezer compartment with ice cubes. There's also a coffee station with free organic coffee, tea, and cocoa. There's also free shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. You can get take out and eat at the bistro table on the patio if you like. Please no cooking, smoking, or vaping in the room. There is no smoking on the property. This house is powered by solar energy. There is no entrance to the main house from the Airbnb suite.

My street was formerly rural and isn't as brightly lit as a city street. The neighborhood is now all single family homes. There is a street lamp about four houses down from our house. About 4% of our guests have felt that the street is too dark. At night, I leave all the outdoor lamps of our house on so that guests can easily find their Airbnb suite. However, if having a streetlamp directly in front of the house is important to you, then you might want to choose a different Airbnb.

Guest access:

Guests have access to the AirBnB rental, including its small patio and walking access up the driveway and along the garden path to the rental. There is no access to the main house. Street parking is across the street. This neighborhood used to be semi-rural, so our two-lane black top is still bordered by dirt shoulders. The owner lives on the premises and will be happy to help with any questions or problems by text, phone, or in person, if you like, simply to have the pleasure of meeting you.

During your stay:

I am available by text, phone, or, if circumstances allow, in person. The only shared space is the garden, but there is so much garden around the house that we are unlikely to intrude on one another's enjoyment of it. The garden outside the Airbnb suite is pretty private. The house is on a quarter acre of land. My gardener usually tends the garden on Sundays.

Other things to note:

No wheelchair access. No pets. No smoking.
Rebecca-Anne0
Level 2
Encinitas, CA

@Craig806 PS. Potted plants inside and on your porch would make your offering more inviting.  I always have a bouquet of fresh flowers on the patio, bathroom, and bedroom.  Guests love that.

Wishing you good results,

Becky

Rosemary389
Level 2
Stonington, CT

@Craig806 I think it looks great! I lower my price compared to other listings around me and was booked every weekend this summer. 

Recep18
Level 2
Alanya, Türkiye

Merhaba çok güzel eviniz daha çok rezervasyon almak için promosyon yaparsanız bence iyi olur 

Bir de fiyatı emsallerine göre en uygun fiyata çekin isterseniz çünkü misafirler en uygun fiyatı tercih ediyorlar 

Selamlar 

Recep Atak 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Craig806 👋

There are many amazing suggestions in this thread. We’d love to hear your thoughts—are you planning to implement any of them?

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Richard2356
Level 2
Blue Ridge, GA

@Craig806 It is not a complete listing and once you get to 100% complete, you listing will go up in AirBnB searches.

You need professional photos. Professional photos by a real estate photographer will get you more bookings. Photos are the first impression to potential guests. Yours are not good. 

All of your photos need to add Descriptions and amenities listed for each room - once again AirBnB search looks for this. 

Description needs to better explain the "terrace" level as I assuming it is not a separate  booking, just part of the full rental.

You have not completed the "Neighborhood" section that shows up under the map.

I highly suggest going back to the Edit Listing page and go back through every section and every setting. Your goal is a 100% complete listing. 

Go to the following link to see a 100% complete listing - one I manage in Cherry Log GA: High occupancy rate. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52992219