Critique my listing - Islamabad, Pakistan

Critique my listing - Islamabad, Pakistan

Hello i have only one place on airbnb want some suggestions to improve.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 13.36.13.png

🏠 View on AirbnbRental unit in Islamabad · ★5.0 · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 bathroom 

15 Replies 15
Jenny1126
Level 2
Vail, CO

Hi Adil…While researching Islamabad for inspiration,  I learned quite a bit…The space you have is a good size and has quite a bit of potential to make it more inviting.  Your black and  white color theme is a good base for adding some color and warmth! 

First off, You should go to the Lok Virsa Museum for color inspiration, as I will refer to that so you’ll know what I’m talking about…

The museum is filled with local art, paintings, etc.  I found the colors of the traditional clothing exciting , and very inspirational.  I suggest that you pull your color theme from localized colors of  Islamabad and stick to those throughput the space.  

1.  Get a fluffy duvet/comforter and decorative pillows for the bed that reflect the colors you’ve  chosen from traditional clothing or art.

2.  Get a luggage rack for your room, so guests don’t put suitcases on the bed.

3.  Remove the decor currently hanging on the walls.  The large space has a picture that is hung too high.  That space is begging for attention, so find a BIG piece of art…poster, print or perhaps a tapestry made of traditional weaving and colors to hang in that space.  You need an eye catching focal point for the room.  This is the ideal area. Remember:  BIG!!!  

4.  The space above the bed where the other decor is would look good with an oblong piece of art that you perhaps could make yourself.  I made a sign that says “LOVED” above the bed in my space….You or a friend could make/paint  a sign that says HAPPY!  or RELAX or DREAM,,,you get the idea.. Sign should be maybe 3/4 of the length of the headboard and an about 12-18”  high.  Something simple .

5.  You need something for guests to put small stuff, like keys, brochures, hats, etc…A wall mounted TV console could be ideal.  Amazon has a lot them in different lengths and widths .  Put that under your nice big TV. Add a small potted fake plant, and a low basket with your Lok Virsa inspirational colors, to put brochures of local attractions, things to do, restaurants, etc. and  a couple bottles of water for an inviting touch.

6. Get a large area rug that encompasses the sitting area, end of the bed and beyond to the wall.  This will establish this as a separate area and make your space seem larger.   Curtain rods placed higher to the ceiling, give the room a more spacious feel, but would require longer  curtains.

7.  Move the wardrobe over a bit so it’s not right up against the wall. 

8.  Replace existing mirror with a full length mirror.  

9.  Not sure where that other area is and how it connects to the room, a a photo of that would be helpful.  The couch and pillows are very nice in that space.  Remove the little flowers above the couch and replace with an oblong piece of art; maybe something simple like WELCOME…The adjacent wall would be an ideal spot for a map of the local area, preferably one that highlights local hikes, sights, Lok Virsa Museum,  etc.  

10.  Somewhere, adjacent to an entry door, you need a wall mounted coat rack. That’s essential.

I’m never out of ideas, feel free to reach out for help!

You have the making of a wonderful space;  dress it up a bit and it’ll be an inviting place that your guests will want to return to 🙂 

Best of luck with your new endeavor!  Jenny