Critique my listing -Lacey (Green Valley Lake CA near Big Bear)

Lacey-And-Tino0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Critique my listing -Lacey (Green Valley Lake CA near Big Bear)

IMG_2548.jpeg

Hi there! 
We are new to Airbnb, just listed our property last month 🙂 this is a dream come true for my husband and I. We’ve been saving for six years to make this happen.  Our cozy little cabin is just steps away from the lake in a very small, not very well known little village called Green Valley Lake CA.  We love that it’s not overpopulated and packed, but of course that also means that our short term rental is not very popular or packed .  We had four listings pretty much back to back as soon as we posted and now we’ve gotten nothing. Do you guys see any glaring issues? I know there’s so much to learn here and we are just babies in terms of being Airbnb host, but I just wanted to introduce myself. Here is my listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1176298034693246141?adults=1&children=0&enable_m3_private_room=true&inf...

Thanks in advance! 

Lacey

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Lacey-And-Tino0 

I always suggest the best advisors are happy customers.  Your Livingroom is beautiful, but what happy guess comment on is the patio, the lake and pet comfy.  Try highlighting those ideas and changinginging your cover photo to reflect their interests

I'm wondering if you are in need of cleaning service? We're available to support you with reliable and efficient cleaning solutions. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Lacey-And-Tino0  One thing you should absolutely do is use the captions feature with your photos. It helps guests figure out the layout of the house, and how everything connects. 

I love your place and would be blissfully happy there. To me, you have a shabby-chic vibe going on. Figure out who your target market is and adapt your description, title, and everything else accordingly. I see it as a place for two young couples, a group of friends, or an outdoorsy family. Perhaps offer the option of a single fold-out bed or couch for  just that situation- siblings/friends that don't necessarily want to share a bed? I'm not saying to expand your capacity- just make it more adaptable to different guest scenarios. 

You should be specific about the number of dogs you'll allow. Right now I saw -under 30 lbs and house trained dogs (plural) for a $30 fee. You're new to hosting, but that right there is a window through which 5 dogs could slip. You have yet to learn how guests will bend the rules, or interpret them to their advantage. Be specific about everything. 

It's always great to have a cabinet or bookcase full of paperbacks and games to play. If you have such a thing, include it in the pictures. 

Did you mean to say wood burning stove in your description? Right now it says fireplace. 

You may also want to say something about food and bear interaction if there are bear in the area. Not if they go hiking, but if they grill on your deck and don't put things away. Do you have a grill? That's a good investment. People love to grill while on vacation, especially in a setting like yours. 

Also, definitely mention fire safety and the possibility of a total fire ban during fire season. I didn't see a fire pit or anything, but you never know what guests will get up to. 

Otherwise, I think you've done an excellent job. The hospitality market is all about supply and demand, and I think there's actually still a ripple effect from Covid. This year my place is slow, and I've noticed that guests are not booking as far in advance as they used to. 

You may have entered the market late in the season to get a ton of bookings this summer, but I'm sure it will pick up, and you have the procrastinators who haven't booked anything yet. Hang in there and be patient. Your place looks great and I'm sure it will be a success. 

Kia