Critique my listing - (Paul from England) “Critique my listing - Reading in Berkshire, UK”

Paul75
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Critique my listing - (Paul from England) “Critique my listing - Reading in Berkshire, UK”

Hi Everyone

Just looking for some advice and feedback on my listing. 

A bit about me.. I used to use AirBNB alot when I was living in my home before the 2020 lockdown.  I then moved away and worked and rented elsewhere in the UK.

I'll be honest I found only maybe 1 in 2 guests were good guests. Most don't read the house rules then complain when you mention them.

I only have one toilet and shower in my small terraced house I have been considering getting one installed however it would be expensive. 

** In the main bedroom I have now moved the double bed into the space where you can see that desk. This creates more room and also I have put the desk against the shared wall.  One guest once complained that the hosts bed touched the shared wall the same wall as the guest. However they must have sneaked into my room to even know that!

I am also considering have two sofa's in the lounge so guests can sit down if they want too.

My main concern at the moment is that I am not getting any bookings! 

I currently have two listings, one for my whole house and one for the second bedroom.

If I look at the page view metrics it says " For 2 listings, the average average page views for 13 Jul – 12 Aug is up 34 compared to the previous 30 days."

I have started to use Wheelhouse to help with pricing but even that I find complicated.

I have set my weekly and monthly price to that of my local competitors.

Something I have noticed is that some of my local similar properties (whole house) are only asking for £1000 a month. I know in the local area if I rent out my whole house via Open Rent I can easily get £1400 so why is AirBNB so low?  I thought August would be high season too?

Cheers

Paul  

1 Reply 1
Paul75
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

I have had some help from my brother in regards to pricing so I just need some feedback on the photos.