Critique my listing - Toby in Chicago, IL, USA

Toby179
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Critique my listing - Toby in Chicago, IL, USA

Main Bedroom (Toby).png

I have a new listing (mid-May) that I invest time in to improve (e.g. cleaning checklist, onsite guidebook) and I'm seeking additional advice. I would like to increase the occupancy rate, while still remaining a 5-star host. Current occupancy rate sits at 12%. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Link to posting: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1058661881724077438

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Toby179 

Few easy thoughts:

Cover photo usually if the cover photo is a bedroom it is because the bedroom is the highlight    For your property I would change to your family room picture.

Under amenities it seems to be a system glitch itg says no essentials.

In the family room there is a sleep sofa and I see your nice wood tv trays but for me the coffee table looked like a solid piece of wood furniture with no place to move easily so I could open sofa.

It looks like the bathroom is jack and jill which is a positive if someone sleeping in family room promote that feature.

Your description should detail to your market why a temporary stay at your unit will be a positive experience for the guest.  Look at your competitors descriptions and guest reviews.  Do people need a quick stay?  A week stay or like mine usually a federe weeks.  Every market is different you need to adapt to what your market wants.

Hi @Marie8425 , thanks for your immediate reply. I updated a cover photo, added the bathroom access feature to the description, and added a coffee table to my shopping list. Hoping to find one before my next rental this weekend.

You’re so right about describing  the area, especially to people who are not familiar with it. Put myself in the shoes of the  traveler, I would really appreciate that from the host. I’ll be making those updates this week. 

Hi @Toby179 

Your listing looks great! A few suggestions to increase your occupancy rate:

1. **Photos**: Add more high-quality photos of all rooms and key amenities. Bright, well-lit images can attract more guests.
2. **Pricing**: Consider offering a discount for the first few bookings to boost initial reviews.
3. **Title and Description**: Make sure your title is catchy and highlights unique features. Include a detailed and engaging description.
4. **Reviews**: Encourage guests to leave reviews by offering small touches (like a welcome basket) and personalized notes.
5. **SEO**: Use keywords that travelers might search for in your listing's title and description.
6. **Amenities**: Highlight any unique or desirable amenities you offer.

Best of luck!

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]