Critique my listing - Toby in Chicago, IL, USA

Toby179
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Critique my listing - Toby in Chicago, IL, USA

Main Bedroom (Toby).png

I have a new listing (mid-May) that I invest time in to improve (e.g. cleaning checklist, onsite guidebook) and I'm seeking additional advice. I would like to increase the occupancy rate, while still remaining a 5-star host. Current occupancy rate sits at 12%. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Link to posting: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1058661881724077438

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Toby179 

Few easy thoughts:

Cover photo usually if the cover photo is a bedroom it is because the bedroom is the highlight    For your property I would change to your family room picture.

Under amenities it seems to be a system glitch itg says no essentials.

In the family room there is a sleep sofa and I see your nice wood tv trays but for me the coffee table looked like a solid piece of wood furniture with no place to move easily so I could open sofa.

It looks like the bathroom is jack and jill which is a positive if someone sleeping in family room promote that feature.

Your description should detail to your market why a temporary stay at your unit will be a positive experience for the guest.  Look at your competitors descriptions and guest reviews.  Do people need a quick stay?  A week stay or like mine usually a federe weeks.  Every market is different you need to adapt to what your market wants.