Critique welcome! Does my rural cabin stand out enough?

Critique welcome! Does my rural cabin stand out enough?

80292893-5942-4245-8601-e9dffde6ad8e

🏡🌳Here's my place!: https://airbnb.com/h/amadell-kumbaya

Is it just me or does it seem to get more challenging every year to standout on Airbnb?

Last year we finished our huge renovation project a little later in the year than expected so only had a few guests before we closed for the winter. Turning back on for the spring season and after being available for a couple weeks now in all my years of hosting this is the slowest recovery we've ever had and by views are so low! 

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 23.54.00.png

Especially being a rural listing, we don't get much of any casual browsing bookings - if they're looking or booking with us they already had a pretty specific idea of where they wanted to be. So I aim for a high conversion rate but if I don't even have the views...

Some recent changes I've made / am planning to make:

1. Got a suggestions to take a twilight photo of the front, which I'm planning to do once the flowers are out.
  2. Rewrote or at least edited all of the description sections, some of it included repeating some info from other sections... I'm not sure if that was the best move if it comes off as repetitive or will be helpful since a lot of guests don't read everything.
  3. Updated just about every field to make sure its all current, with the exception of the price. It's a bit higher than the local average but its still done well in years previous and we've always gotten great value ratings.
  4. Turned off 'Instant Book' since the policy change on cancellations, and I'm not sure how much that is hurting me in the algorithms.
  5. Got Superhost again! Lost it during renovations only because we got below the number of bookings requirement, but had it 4 consecutive years before then.
  6. Was awarded the new Guest Favorite and a category, I think?

Any tips or comments are welcome! Thank you so much, Community!

🏡🌳Here's my place!: https://airbnb.com/h/amadell-kumbaya

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Marina481 !

Did you think about installing a hot tub? Your place looks perfect for a nice hot tub. We installed one in our house in Venice (Italy) and our guests love it!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Buena sera @Andrea6232 ! Great thought! We have considered a hot tub in the past, but unfortunately this is not the best place for one as it is very difficult to maintain it here. We are in the forest so there is lots of sap, leaves, and animals that like to crawl in. 😬 We thought maybe an outdoor shower instead, but we have such a delicate ecosystem with the moss and the koi pond, I was worried that if any guest used their own shampoo or other wash instead of those eco-safe ones provided that it may kill the animals.

Overall good listing, i have been shared with your listing by Airbnb to check it out how U do Airbnb as I'm new to Airbnb

So my feedback is it's a good listing.

And by reading your above observations I can say patience is the key in this Buissnes+ some attractive things should be there so people can search place near it to live, eat and sleep!