Delisting my property with 1 inaccurate review from Guest

Venky0
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

Delisting my property with 1 inaccurate review from Guest

I have been a Airbnb host for the past 3 years with a 4.6 rating with 100+ reviews, I notice that airBNB is extremely unfair to hosts, since they don't give the opportunity to resolve any issues.

My central air conditioning system suddenly stopped working. I promptly tried to address the situation by providing extra fans and portable AC units. Before the issue could be resolved, a new guest checked in, and I informed them of the problem. I also offered the option of a refund if they wished to find alternative accommodations. However, instead of accepting that option, the guest chose to stay and demanded a full refund. When I explained that this was impossible, the guest left a 1-star review, and Airbnb took steps to cancel my listing without giving me any options to resolve although the next guest who stayed at that property gave 5-star rating.

It seems unfair that my listings are being penalized based on individual, potentially inaccurate reviews, especially when I have a long history of positive feedback. I have always done my best to resolve issues promptly and with transparency.

At this point, I am unsure of what specific actions I need to take to prevent my listings from being permanently canceled. 

0 Replies 0