Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Delisting my property with 1 inaccurate review from Guest

Venky0
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

Delisting my property with 1 inaccurate review from Guest

I have been a Airbnb host for the past 3 years with a 4.6 rating with 100+ reviews, I notice that airBNB is extremely unfair to hosts, since they don't give the opportunity to resolve any issues.

My central air conditioning system suddenly stopped working. I promptly tried to address the situation by providing extra fans and portable AC units. Before the issue could be resolved, a new guest checked in, and I informed them of the problem. I also offered the option of a refund if they wished to find alternative accommodations. However, instead of accepting that option, the guest chose to stay and demanded a full refund. When I explained that this was impossible, the guest left a 1-star review, and Airbnb took steps to cancel my listing without giving me any options to resolve although the next guest who stayed at that property gave 5-star rating.

It seems unfair that my listings are being penalized based on individual, potentially inaccurate reviews, especially when I have a long history of positive feedback. I have always done my best to resolve issues promptly and with transparency.

At this point, I am unsure of what specific actions I need to take to prevent my listings from being permanently canceled. 

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Venky0, I’m sorry to hear about this. I checked your profile and noticed that your listing is active.

Has everything returned to normal for you? Has the situation been resolved?

Thank you for keeping us updated.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your response.

I have two properties listed on Airbnb. The issue was with one of the properties where the customer gave a bad review inaccurately since he was looking to stay for free, claiming that there were some issues without providing any kind of proof.  His claims were purely based on past reviews from last one year.   

After the review, airBNB decided to cancel my listing without providing any options to fix the issue. I was able to work with airBNB team to remove that review since it was violating ground rules. But unfortunately airBNB still resisting to put my listing back in the market.

Looks like their backend team who decides on the listing is purely AI-based and the systems are unable to understand the situation.