Does my listing misleading?

Joel446
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Does my listing misleading?

Hey y'all, 

A recent guest dinged me because she thought she was getting the whole house, but the guest unit is just the upstairs guest suite. I'm wondering if you, plural, have any suggestions for rewriting the listing so as not to give the wrong impression. 

Joel

Louisville ky 

Pet friendly artist garret

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Joel446  Go to your "listing details" and scroll down to "property & guests" and click "edit."  What have you chosen under "listing type" - "entire place," "private room," or "shared room"?  If you've chosen "entire place," it will show up for guests looking for "entire home."  You should probably choose "private room."

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joel446  Seems to me your place is actually categorized correctly, as it is a guest suite with a private entrance, self check-in and you state that there is little to no interaction with the host. So it is an Entire place. But you should make it clear in the first paragraph of your listing info that you live downstairs, as well as in the "Interaction with Guests" section. Also, remove the photo of the house itself and only post photos of the guest space. You can also create a saved message to send to guests when they book, reiterating that while the guest suite is a private space with a private entrance, you do live downstairs.

That's about all you can do. Some guests just don't read. Even when a host lists "private room" and it's clearly just a room in the house where they live, cluless guests sometimes show up thinking they booked an entire home (Yeah, right, for $30/night. You can't fix stupid)