Feedback on my listing please

Feedback on my listing please

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 7.55.38 AM.png

Hi, my name is Derrick, and my space has been listed since July 2024. I'm seeking general feedback and advice from seasoned and new hosts regarding my space (i.e., pictures, house rules, listing, fees, etc.). 

Rental unit in Charlotte · ★New · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 bath

[Content modified by OCM]

7 Replies 7
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Derrick180.

some small tips:

a) use the 5 best photos of your apartment as the cover photo, in particular the first one should give an overall idea and not a detail

b) use captions in the photos

c) add a plan of the apartment, so that guests can see how it is laid out

I hope I was helpful

Andrea
https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Derrick180 

Congratulations  Very Beautiful condo.

I suggest

Your description is great use a free tool like ChatGPT I tell it write ad copy and plug in some market ideas like good for business travelers, close to downtown or close to a major hospital?

Good couple retreat great restaurants or great entertainment?

I think a better cover photo would be the photo showing how spacious your living room is but comfortable.

I know it sounds silly but not every rental offers go through your amenities again refrigerator stove everything.

Nitish16
Level 2
Varanasi, India

Hey @Derrick180

I am Nitish would like to put some points to be highlighted.

* Always be gentle to the guest.

* Eager to help them guide them about their tour and the city.

* Take some beautiful and best photos of your property or rooms which need visible.

* Provide connectivity to your guest.

I hope it will work for you too.

airbnb.com/h/dharmeshvarhomestay

Also @Derrick180 , provide the guest with some welcome drinks.

Michael8872
Level 1
Forest, VA

Hello - quick feedback - 

1) Lovely place - I would actually tone down the written description just a little bit ( the pictures tell the story anyway ) - use the words to create a picture in the prospects mind that the pictures can’t ( safe - calm - quiet - sparkling clean - etc ) 

2) The photos are jumping from room to room - let them take you on a tour of the place.

3) It says there is a city view - show it ( at night )

4) It’s a small investment to leave out a welcome card, some bottled waters and snacks  - set that up and show what they will see waiting 

5) Many people are absolute coffee and tea freaks - highlight an area for that and have 1-2 photos just for that.

6) If you have invested in quality show it or tell it ( for example : it’s not a “queen bed” - it’s a ..queen bed with luxury pillow top and copper infused cooling ….)

7 ) It sounds like you have free parking - gym access - common areas - get good photos of all of it and use them as part of your listing 

Hello.

You have a nice place.

A. Pictures - It is my experience that having both interior and exterior pictures can attract guests. Avoid posting too many interior pictures. Two pictures per room showing full room view is good enough. 

B. Description - Have a strong description of your place. Noting any airports close by you, schools, night life, etc.

C. House Rules - Avoid strict house rules. 

D. Commuinication - be polite respectful and a good listener. Be helpful to your guest as needed and remember to put yourself in their shoes. 

E. Pricing- be smart and competitive on how you set your pricing. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Derrick180 , you've received some wonderful comments and suggestions from Hosts @Michael8872 @Michael8876 @Nitish16 @Marie8425 @Andrea6232. Thank you so much for your kind support on this thread all!  

@Derrick180 , do you have any follow up questions that you might be interested in asking these helpful Hosts? 😍 

I also wanted to share a little Community Center Tip ‌with all of you💡‌ : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 (In this case it could be either Derrick, Michael, Nitish, Marie or Andrea) 😉 

Hope this tip helps you all to support and notice each other's comment in a timely manner😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines