Help!

Mirna89
Level 1
Glendale, AZ

Help!

I'm a fairly new host. I've had one listing for a while but now I have another listing. I'm having trouble figuring out how the pay out works when each listing has a different owner. 

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mirna89 ! Many congratulations on your new listing🌻

As we wait for experienced Hosts to guide us through your question, I wanted to share an article briefing about splitting payouts between different payout methods?

The article does mention an example of :

• Sending all of your earnings for a listing to one payout method and the earnings for a second listing to a different payout method

Do keep us posted if you've got a chance to explore split payouts and if it solves your question.

I am also reaching out to our kind Hosts @Robin4 @Lorina14 if they could help us with their expertise and advice here🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Mirna89@Bhumika 

Hi! I have heard that the proper way to set up a listing when one is managing a listing that they do not own is the following: the owner is set up to the the host and the co-host is the individual who is managing the property. It is up to the owner to decide what level of access they give to their cohost (whether it’s calendar and messages only, financials (they can see the amount of payout coming in each month), or more. You can have many cohosts for a property with varying access to the account. The most I’ve seen was 3 cohosts on a listing so far.

Only the primary host will be able to change the payout methods. I also think only the primary host can determine the payout percentages (if you are sharing the profits, giving a percentage to your cleaner (some people put cleaners as a cohost only with access to calendars so they can see who is checking in/out) or cohost, or a set amount paid out per reservation for the cleaner or cohost.

Please check out the Resources section for more articles on this and if that doesn’t help, call the airbnb support line to figure out how to troubleshoot your exact issue. They are helpful if you explain what is wrong, what you have tried, what you are using (computer/laptop, iOS or android app) as apps and computer access have differing access.

It is always recommended to go to the website on your computer to manage things if it doesn’t work on the app. I found this out when dealing with an issue a while back. Although they try to make things the same across platforms, full access is only through the computer. That being said I manage my listing 90% from my cell phone Airbnb app. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing such thoughtful tips and advices @Lorina14 ! 😍

Hi @Mirna89 , do keep us posted on how you move forward with the payments settings or had any concerns or questions. We would surely love to help you with this one.🌻

-----

Thank you all for your help! I did end up figuring out out reading the help articles. I set up a split pay and assigned each listing to the appropriate payout account! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's amazing @Mirna89 ! Thank you so much for the updates😍.

On a side note, how are you enjoying Hosting so far? 😉.

We look forward to hearing all the amazing stories you've to tell. 🥳

Keep in touch!🌻

-----