Hosting

Hosting

Hi to you all .

I'm just starting my hosting journey and without doubt I need a lot of guidance and support. 

I live in Liverpool, England and without doubt you'll be hearing a lot from me in the coming weeks/months. Bye for now.

6 Replies 6
Jim-and-Caroline0
Level 4
Ekerö, Sweden

Hello @Josephat1

Welcome to Airbnb

We can send some general and very useful information and we can get specific on issues that may arise ⤵️

https://www.airbnb.ie/resources/hosting-homes/g/get-ready-to-host-beginners-video-guide-12

And

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/3

Please if you copy the link into your browser let me know if they above work for you?

Regards / Jim 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do have a look at the Airbnb Help website it has FAQs about all aspects of managing your STR business on Airbnb. @Jim-and-Caroline0 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Josephat1 Ive just had a look at your listings and would respectfully suggest you pause them whilst you sort them out. As an example your whole home listing has the description of a single room in a shared house.

But after  that I would ask that you consider the real basics:

1) Does your home insurer know you are renting on Airbnb? If not then your insurance will likely be void even for the periods between guests

2) Have you complied with the newish fire regulations? These require you to have a Fire Risk Assessment in place along with fire extinguishers, blankets and fire/smoke alarms in all rooms except bathrooms?

3) Have you got a gas safety certificate and has your electrical installation been checked?

By all means tell me I am wrong and you have all the above in place.....

I've all that and even has applied to the council for selective licensing which is a requirement now for Airbnb in Liverpool. Regarding one room in a house I think this is another business which was based in my house which has since been stopped. I now have a whole house for Airbnb. 1 large bedroom with 2 beds, 2 other bedrooms with 1 double bed each and a sofa bed in the living room. Toilet, Dinning area and Kitchen. I welcome any ideas which can help in getting guests etc

Thanks 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Josephat1 excellent to hear you have ticked all the boxes re legality. BUT when I look at your account YOU have 2 listings one of which is a b&b and one of them has a single 1* review. The way to get bookings is to look at your listing through the eyes of a guest and see if you would book it.

The single one I stopped sometimes back but the BnB one I' ve just put in the market less than two weeks.