How Can I Improve My Vacation Rental?

Bikash7
Level 2
Ratnanagar, Nepal

How Can I Improve My Vacation Rental?

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 1.04.57 PM.png

Listing link: Home in Ratnanagar · ★5.0 · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 2 baths

Hi everyone!
I run Vacation Vibe Villa and would love some feedback from fellow hosts. So far, I’ve kept things simple with basic LED lighting, minimalist decor, and essential amenities, but I want to elevate the overall guest experience.

What are some of the key things you’ve done to improve your space—whether it’s decor, amenities, guest communication, or even small touches that make a big difference? I’m looking for advice on anything that can make my guests feel more welcome and enhance their stay.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Bikki

[Content modified by OCM]

7 Replies 7
Geraldine374
Level 1
Gisborne, New Zealand

Hi @Bikash7, I’m still not very experienced in hosting and have only had under 10 bookings so far. I too want to enhance my chances of getting more bookings. I believe communication is the key and always being home to greet new people and being available to them for information   Clean, tidy space is important. Several people have commented that they like the fact that there is no clutter. 
I hope this helps, 

Regards

Geraldine

Gregory608
Level 1
Lancaster, PA

Hi @Bikash7 ,

I think your home looks clean and inviting. Something I have found over time is having each photo having a description of what your looking at will help your guests know exactly what they are getting into. Also I would take away any "dark" photos as they do not look inviting. 

We leave a small basket of goodies - crackers, fruit snacks, mini cereal boxes etc. Might be a nice centerpiece on your kitchen table. Other then that I think you are very detailed and have a very nice listing. 

Best of luck to you!

Holly

Giannis80
Level 2
Athens, Greece

@Bikash7 

Hi Bikki,

Your place looks great! A few ideas to elevate the guest experience:

1. Lighting: Add smart, dimmable lights for a cozy atmosphere.
2. Decor: Incorporate subtle themes or local art to enhance the space.
3. Amenities: Upgrade to high-quality linens and provide a welcome basket.
4. Communication: Use automated messages and a digital guidebook.
5. Small Touches: Include books, board games, or local playlists.

These can make a big difference. Good luck!

Best,

Giannis

@Bikash7 

Hello Bikash, I think your place is nice and cozy. Some of the things you can add to elevate your AirBnB -

1) Install a smart lock with a key pad at the main entrance door so the guests can self check-in. You would have to provide the passcode to the guest before they check in

2) A microwave and a Coffee machine would be nice to have in the kitchen

3) Add a latest, flat screen TV in the living room. And add some living room pictures also to your listing

4) Replace the bedroom ceiling light (I believe it is plastic) to a nice, glass light fixture

Oksana127
Level 4
Riga, Latvia

@Bikash7 

Hi Bikki,

Your Vacation Vibe Villa looks fantastic! I love the clean and minimalist approach you've taken. Here are a few tips that might help elevate your space and guest experience even further:

1. Smart Lighting: While you already have LED lighting, consider adding smart bulbs with adjustable colors and brightness that guests can control via an app or voice assistant. This adds both convenience and ambiance customization for your guests.

2. Personalized Welcome Touches: Small, thoughtful gestures go a long way. You could leave a welcome basket with local snacks, wine, or a handwritten note to make guests feel extra special. Including a guidebook with local recommendations for restaurants, activities, and hidden gems can enhance their experience.

3. Upgraded Amenities: Consider adding extra amenities like high-quality coffee machines, luxury toiletries, or even providing streaming services like Netflix or Spotify. If you want to go the extra mile, some hosts have found that offering bikes or beach gear (if applicable) adds a lot of value.

4. Enhanced Comfort: Focus on the quality of your bedding and towels. Guests often appreciate high thread count sheets, plush towels, and even a variety of pillow types for different preferences.

5. Tech for Convenience: Installing a smart lock for self-check-in/check-out can make things smoother for guests. Automated check-in instructions and pre-arrival messages help reduce confusion and ensure a seamless experience.

6. Aesthetic Enhancements: Since you’re going for a minimalist vibe, consider adding a few statement pieces that can enhance the space, such as unique artwork, stylish rugs, or even indoor plants that give the space a fresh, inviting feel.

7. Eco-Friendly Options: More guests are looking for sustainable travel options. Providing recycling bins, offering reusable shopping bags, or using eco-friendly cleaning products can appeal to environmentally conscious guests.

8. Personalized Communication: Lastly, staying in touch with your guests before, during, and after their stay shows that you’re attentive and approachable. Sending a quick message to check in on them a day after arrival can make a huge difference.

Hope these suggestions help! Your space has so much potential, and I’m sure with a few tweaks, you’ll be able to create an unforgettable experience for your guests.

Best of luck, Oksana

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

@Bikash7 

Have you had a chance to go through all the feedback shared by these amazing hosts?

If so, it'd be wonderful if you could like the comments that stood out to you 👍 and mark a best answer ☑️. It's a great way to thank those who offered their support, and it helps other Hosts easily find helpful answers to similar questions. 😊

Just a friendly reminder: you can tag someone by typing "@" followed by their username. This will notify the member you're responding to, helping to keep the conversation active and connected! @Oksana127 @Habeeba0 @Giannis80 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Bikash7 

I suggest if the elephant sanctuary is that close utilize its draw.  Search engines on the internet might be used by guests with a larger group 4 -6 is a larger group.  The Airbnb website has the traffic so internet searches do show Airbnb listings.  Your ranking is based on 'Keywords".  I do multiple Guidebooks and within the Guidebooks just sprinkle name of sanctuary, elephants, family lodging whatever people might search for on the internet.  

Tweak your title and description to to have a sprinkling.  I would have more pictures of the sanctuary.  Most of us are intrigued by elephants.  Maybe also if me and my husband and 3 kids visit the sanctuary have like a thermal bag for drinks and another bag I can pack snack and sandwiches for lunch.  Small things but as a guest making sandwiches to feed my 3 kids who of course are always hungry I would love that.

The Sanctuary looks very good and well established.  If you rental is close and a money saver in I don'e have to eat out constantly and getting to the sanctuary is minor cost.  I would use what they built,