How can one use view analytics to optimize listing?

Answered!

How can one use view analytics to optimize listing?

A host wants to know if a place is getting viewed as much as one expects _depending_ on the place and time.

In other words, i should be able to see the average # of daily views of all places (or hopefully similar places) in say chicago in march, or san fran in april. Otherwise, I don;t know if my listing is a problem (pricing or otherwise,) or if things are just 'slow' for this particular place and time.

This is just basic analytic capability that the airbnb folks in san fran (capital of web tech) should provide under stats. All I see is my own stats, with no relative reference info available.

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Bruce14 I agree with you, this would be very helpful in determining whether my pricing is really out sync or whether the general area is also experiencing a slump.  The pricing tips, which supposedly reflect demand in my area are woefully inadequate for various reasons.  One thing that also skews demand is the increase of listings in a particular area.  For example, London hosts have tripled in the past year or so causing established hosts to experience a downturn in business.  I can imagine that your competition in San Francisco is pretty fierce and having the additional information on the number of views for that host community would be meaningful.

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Bruce14 I agree with you, this would be very helpful in determining whether my pricing is really out sync or whether the general area is also experiencing a slump.  The pricing tips, which supposedly reflect demand in my area are woefully inadequate for various reasons.  One thing that also skews demand is the increase of listings in a particular area.  For example, London hosts have tripled in the past year or so causing established hosts to experience a downturn in business.  I can imagine that your competition in San Francisco is pretty fierce and having the additional information on the number of views for that host community would be meaningful.

Barthelemy0
Level 10
Marne-la-Vallée, France

When I look at my graph in Statistics, I have turquoise columns for the views of my listing per day (by trip dates) and a pink/coral line showing  "average views nearby" ? Don't you have this ?

Sans titre.png

@Barthelemy0 Wow!  I don't have that on my Dashboard.  I'm on a laptop with Google Chrome.  What are you using?

Barthelemy0
Level 10
Marne-la-Vallée, France

Hi Clare,

This screenshot is from Chrome on a desktop using Windows 10. I also have this when I use Chrome on my Android tablet.

Maybe it has yet to be implemented by Airbnb in all rental markets ? I am in the suburbs of Paris.

@Barthelemy0 Well, it's really cool.  Hope they implement it in my area soon! But of course, Paris is one of Airbnb's hottest markets.  Merci!

I'm in the Atlanta area and I have the same graph.  It's under 'Stats'.  To see it, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Stats page.

We don't have that view here in Miami...at least not on our account.

Good afternoon everybody , this is Ines in Miami. Ed and Hugh, if you scroll all the way down in the stats you will find the data. You can click on the top left and look at the data by Trip Date or by Search Date. 

@Ines6 No, it's not there as you can see below...the views are there, but not the trend of other similar listings.views.png

Hi guys, how weird it does show the "average views nearby" in my screen under STATS as a red line- precisely yesterday I was looking at it to compare- the line goes up and down accross the screen. I wonder why you can't see it ! And I have to confess I don't know how to take a screen shot 😞

@Ines6 I'm in California and don't have this feature, unfortunately.  What device are you using?  I think Airbnb rolls out new features regionally and not all hosts have them.   😞

Hello Clare, I am in my laptop... perhaps it does make a difference if you are in a tablet? 

@Ines6 Oh, you tablet people have all the perks!!  I'll just have to plod along with my stupid (but reliable!) laptop.  Someday they'll roll it out to me.  In the meantime I guess I'll just have to make do.   🙂

Hehehe Clare, noope I don't have a tablet either .. just my old very reliable laptop ! 🙂 I was wondering if one could see the complete stats in the laptop but not in the tablet .... but I guess not. I still don't understand why some hosts in Miami can see it and some can't .. but then the tech thing is not my thing ...