How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

Stephanie_0-1628688524539.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the "Ask about your listing" board – I hope you’ve been finding lots of useful information, insights and advice from our community. One of the amazing things about this space is that those starting out on their Hosting journey can get a keen eye on their listing to work out those little niggles and considerations they may not have thought of just yet. We’re more than happy for you to share your listing for this purpose - here’s a guide on how you can do it in a way that makes it easier for your community to find and offer critique:

• Start a conversation to create a topic.
  • Name your topic “Critique my listing - (your name and where you’re from)” for example “Critique my listing - Stephanie in London, UK”.
  • Include your favourite listing picture in the post. This makes the topic stand out more, gives viewers a sense of the type of listing you offer and means your Community Management team can more easily highlight it to the rest of the community.
  • Share something about what your trouble might be at this point in your journey. This might be a lack of bookings, missing house rules, or even your custom URL.
  • Finally, post a link to your listing and add the tag on the thread “listing feedback” and anything else you think is suitable, like the example below:

Stephanie_1-1628688520380.png

You can always ask any of your Community Management team myself, Quincy, Bhumika, Jenny, Breanna and Paula if you need help. And you can share a link to your Critique my listing topic in the comments section below too!

What’s your biggest worry with your listing at this point in your journey that you want help with?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

176 Replies 176

Listing Critique; Hello, I'm Julie from Puerto Vallarta. I'm new to listing. I received three bookings immediately, then nothing! Help!!!!IMG_20210804_103716801_HDR.jpg

airbnb.com/h/beachfront-get-a-way-puerto-vallarta

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie4313 

Your Airbnb profile, attached to this community account, does not show an active listing !

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/387780014

The link to the listing you provided is attached to another profile:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/64640988

??

Hello @Emiel1 ,

I'm finding it difficult to navigate this community center. The bottom link in your post goes to my listing. I have no idea why I have another link!

I'll start researching and try to fix it.

Thank you so much for feedback.

Julie

@Julie4313  You likely set up a new profile to post here, rather than posting using the profile you already had set up. 

Hi Sarah, I cannot figure out where the account  "julie4314" came from.

I must have set it up to post in the community center.

I tried to delete it (without deleting my account that holds my listing.)

The account Julie 4314 won't go away.

Do you have any suggestions. I'm confused! 🙂

@Julie4314  Only the forum moderators can sort that out for you. 

@Nick Could you help Julie with this? So her community profile is the same account as her listing profile?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie4314 

Your profile for the community centre (this place) differs from your profile on Airbnb's platform. Every new member of the community gets a number that is generated automatically next to their username when their profile is created, and that number becomes part of that username.

You can not change or delete that number. And it does not affect your actual Airbnb profile; it is two separate profiles and accounts, and there is no need to worry about it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @Sarah977 for the tag.

@Nick  Yes, we have unique user names here. But Julie's account here didn't seem like it was leading to her actual hosting account, like others' do. When you clicked through to her profile, it wasn't showing any listing or reviews.

So it seemed like she had set up 2 separate Airbnb accounts. But now her listing and reviews are showing. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That is so weird as I see them perfectly - both the listing with photos and reviews. Could you please try again @Sarah977 and let me know if it appears for you now? 

Many thanks 

@Nick  Yes, it's fine now, and was when I posted above, but for some reason it wasn't when Julie first posted here, as Emiel had first pointed out. 

Just another tech mystery, I guess. 🙂

Thank you Nick! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Julie4313  How is your studio listing suitable for 4 guests and  where is the 2nd bed? You haven't described the layout or sleeping arrangement of the studio at all. And it looks quite nice, but really only seem large enough for 2 to be comfortable in.

Thanks for your critique Sarah! I changed the listing to 2 people and improved the description a bit.

Julie

I really like the way you said to " get settled in, noise wise, before 10 pm." 

The listing looks complete and well done to me.

What a beautiful place! Congratulations!

Thank you! We just got our first inquiry, I'm trying to lock it in now.