How to show amenities that are not provided

Melody259
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

How to show amenities that are not provided

Does anyone know if it's still possible to show some amenities that are not provided?

When I made my listing 2 years ago, it was possible to specify that some amenities were not provided and they were shown on the listing being crossed through.

When I now go to try and do that now, that option seems to have disappeared; although the old ones are still shown, but I can't now seem to add to them.

Does anyone know if this is still possible, and if not what is the other solution? I'd like to flag up to guests that there is no freezer, but just leaving it out of the list doesn't seem to be enough. People see that a fridge is provided and assume that it includes a freezer.

Melody259_0-1720016299137.png

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Melody259 

I hope someone is able to assist with the amenities list question. If not, you can also consider adding "no freezer" to your Airbnb house rules and/or Airbnb house manual to draw additional attention to the fact, and to make sure guests are not expecting a freezer.

Hi @Melody259 

I believe Airbnb chooses the most important guest amenities that are not provided in a listing and shows the line thru them at the bottom of the list. Is your refrigerator a mini frig? I can't tell from your photos?  If so, I would remove refrigerator from amenities and choose "mini-frig" instead. I would also add to your caption on the kitchen photos that your mini frig does NOT have a freezer.

Joan2709_0-1720115214943.png

I would then add to Other Details to Note Section that you have a mini frig without a freezer:

"Please note we have a small mini-frig in the kitchen. It doe NOT have a freezer compartment."

I would also respond to guest inquiries before you accept a booking and remind them in your message that you don't have a freezer compartment in the frig. This way you will prevent someone from booking and leaving you a negative review. You may wish to purchase a small mini-frig with a freezer compartment when your budget allows as the guest who gave you a one star review mentioned it.

Hi there,

Thanks for your comments,  but it’s not a mini-fridge. We have a normal standard sized fridge, it’s just not a fridge-freezer.

I realise I can add separate comments to the listing, and I already check with potential guests that they are fully aware of what’s provided.

What I”m  trying to find out if the feature I mention still exists, ie, being able to “cross through” an amenity to show it’s not provided? When I set the listing up Airbnb did not choose those items for us, we decided which ones showed up as not provided.

Hi @Melody259 

As far as I know, there is no way currently to indicate on the amenities list that your refrigerator does not have a freezer section.

I believe this is because Airbnb assumes if you have a refrigerator it has a freezer section since that is most often the case. You might want to contact Airbnb CS and see what they say? You can also send feeback to Airbnb about this. 

Since the summer 2023 release I believe, the amenities section format has changed. You know longer see an "X" next to an amenity and a long list of all amenities with X's and check marks. Now there is an edit feature and a (+) to add amenities and they are grouped in categories and displayed alphabetically. Airbnb "selects" which items it shows with a line thru at the end of your list, in the sense if you had only a few amenties, (many are not selected) the list with the line through it would be really long at the end of the amenities section.

For Example, if you don't have Arcade Games (and indicated you don't but not adding it as an amenity) it will not appear with a line through it at the end of the list. I 'm guessing this is because this not a commonly offered amenity, and Airbnb doesn't feel it necessary to call attention the fact you don't have it. If you don't indicate you have a carbon monoxide detector, Airbnb DOES feel the need to show that amenity with a line through it. This is because it is a safety item and there have been some deaths related to not having one in Airbnb's. They feel it's important to point out to guests you don't have these amenities. As you pointed out, most people assume if you have a full-size refrigerator, they normally have a freezer section:

Joan2709_0-1720181500459.png

Joan2709_1-1720182193538.png

For example, you don't have arcade games listed as an amenity, but you don't see arcarde games with a line through it at the end of your amenities list. You only see the ones Airbnb feels guests expect (or are a safety/security item) and you don't have it:

Joan2709_2-1720182557825.png