I want to add a new bedroom to my listing.

Answered!
Mary-And-Sean0
Level 2
Washington, DC

I want to add a new bedroom to my listing.

Does anyone have experience adding a new bedroom to a listed property? I don't see the option of modifying the number of bedrooms and beds anymore. thanks for your responses in advance! 

1 Best Answer

Hello @Mary-And-Sean0 @Breanna 

Now that I can see that you have opted in for the New Release, this is where to find the place to add a bedroom to your listing:

A) On the right hand page, you see two options:

1. All photos and
  2. the "plus sign" Click on the plus sign and you then see "Add a room or space.  Click here

Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 14.39.00.png

B) You then see all these great pictograms that you can choose from.  Click on Bedroom and this is added to  your listing.  Then choose the pictures that illustrate this new bedroom, add bed size and all the amenities that are included and there you have it!Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 14.39.14.png

Job done!

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Patricio2
Level 6
Quito, Ecuador

@Mary-And-Sean0  I can´t seem to find it either, at least not on the website

If you want to rent an additional bedroom in your home, you have to create a new listing for that you can’t add another bedroom onto an existing listing. Unless you’re renting out an entire house in which case you would just reconfigure your listing to show how many bedrooms and bathrooms there are

Is this something that Airbnb can help me with? I don't want to lose my current reviews. 

thx!!

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Mary-And-Sean0 @Patricio2 

I'm not sure why this conversation is showing as being answered so to answer your question for adding an extra room to your existing listing Mary and Sean without of course losing your great reviews follow these steps:

==>Host mode

==>Listings

==>Your space Edit

==>Add a room or space Edit

==>Select bedroom and fill in the details, add photos etc

==>Save

I have opted in for the early new release so I'm hoping these steps are not too dissimilar for you that haven't yet taken the plunge😉

P.S. You should be aware that some of us, the order of the bedrooms is reversed but this does not stop us from adding an extra bedroom

All the best

Joëlle

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Please let us know if you're able to add the room with @Joelle43's advice above @Mary-And-Sean0!  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Breanna,

It appears the new update does not have the option to edit the number of rooms. 

MaryAndSean0_1-1701351246470.png

Hello @Mary-And-Sean0 @Breanna 

Now that I can see that you have opted in for the New Release, this is where to find the place to add a bedroom to your listing:

A) On the right hand page, you see two options:

1. All photos and
  2. the "plus sign" Click on the plus sign and you then see "Add a room or space.  Click here

Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 14.39.00.png

B) You then see all these great pictograms that you can choose from.  Click on Bedroom and this is added to  your listing.  Then choose the pictures that illustrate this new bedroom, add bed size and all the amenities that are included and there you have it!Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 14.39.14.png

Job done!

All the best

Joëlle

Got it! I updated the number of the bedrooms and beds. Still, I don't see the update when searching my place but it might be updated later today. 

Thanks so much for your time!! 

MaryAndSean0_0-1701354459967.png

Hi Joelle, 

not sure why but I do not have the "==>Add a room or space Edit" in the new update on both app and website.  

MaryAndSean0_0-1701351155891.png

hi @Joelle43, I can´t find it either, since you have access, could you please provide us with the link for it?