Imperfections

Answered!

Imperfections

Hello Everyone,

I have been on here a few times now, still not competed my 1,200sqft Airbnb. The unit is very open and bright and clean and pretty.

My question is; 

Does the airbnb have to be perfect...? meaning i have a makeshift deck and stair to the rental space, my yard is not perfectly manicured, due to horses and chickens I have a small farm with muddy paddock s , but to fix these issues i need the income from the airbnb any suggestions? 

thanks for taking time to respond 

shayne

1 Best Answer
Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

No! They shouldn't be perfect in my mind. Airbnb started as living like a local in different places. You actually stayed in people's HOMES. Not places that were designed like hotels or companies that took over and made it like a model home. In my mind - Airbnb mindset got lost somewhere due to companies taking over the experience.

When I stay in an Airbnb I love the quirks, the details that I wouldn't find in a hotel - or maybe some place interesting that is the opposite of my actual home! Or a giant record collection, or..on a big farm where I can pet some horses or feed chickens. How cool! Ofc it should be clear and organized, but important to still have a unique vibe that feels homey.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Shayne30 Fundamentals are to make sure it is safe for guests and to be honest with what the state of the listing is. Plenty of photos and words in the description will help you.

Thank you for your time and response 

Best,

Shayne & The TillieRose Gang

@Shayne30 Completely agree. My rental apartment is 70th years old. By far not perfect, glossy & modern. I describe my place as cozy, serene, etc. Pictures tell a story as well. 
Transparency & correct description for me. I am happy with my results.
I stayed @ a roaming animal sanctuary through AirBnB & the drive to the yurt was a very rough non-road. All explained in their listing .My grand daughter & I had the best of time. A 5️ was a no brainer for me. 

@Bettye6 Oh wow great to hear....Much Thanks for your response. I have a glamping tent as well! I wasn't going to put it here on airbnb , but i just might now.

Shayne & The TillieRose Gang

Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

No! They shouldn't be perfect in my mind. Airbnb started as living like a local in different places. You actually stayed in people's HOMES. Not places that were designed like hotels or companies that took over and made it like a model home. In my mind - Airbnb mindset got lost somewhere due to companies taking over the experience.

When I stay in an Airbnb I love the quirks, the details that I wouldn't find in a hotel - or maybe some place interesting that is the opposite of my actual home! Or a giant record collection, or..on a big farm where I can pet some horses or feed chickens. How cool! Ofc it should be clear and organized, but important to still have a unique vibe that feels homey.

@Michalis46 ,

Exactly! Well put🙂

🤗😁

Hello,

MUCH THANKS! my thoughts exactly!! I was a traveling Inn sitter for a few years off and on and i loved the Inns the best non corporate! 

I do have horses minis and bigs, steers and chickens. My fencing doesn't match, and my paddocks are messy due to all the rain, but my little farm is home, and i want to share this with everyone. I love people, and their extended family(Pets) which will be welcome. I know how to treat my guests!!

I do have a few goals once i start getting income i will be able to upgrade! but not to lose the Quarks! 

Again thank you for your honesty....Much Blessings

Shayne & The TillieRose Gang😉