Listing Suspension

Kathy1277
Level 2
Cobb, CA

Listing Suspension

After four years as a superhost my listing was suspended due to a very negative review which was in retaliation from a guest who had an extra person in their party and parked in an unauthorized parking area. They had the guest leave and moved the car at my request, but slammed me with a really bad review!

I gave the ”investigator” the full and complete detail of the situation as well as a blurb from the Airbnb Help Center: Reviews Policy: Reviews reviews should be unbiased, which states “…For example, guests should not write biased or inauthentic reviews as a form of retaliation against a Host who enforces a policy or rule.”

And I also asked that the review be removed and the listing restored.

What else can I do to get the review removed and my listing restored?

I read about an appeals process but am unable to find much on that.

PLEASE HELP! I’m a retiree and reliant on this income.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kathy1277 Sadly you have committed a cardinal Airbnb sin by entering a listing when it wasn't an emergency. You will have to await Airbnb's decision I am afraid but hopefully it will recognise why you took this action.

Thank you for your response! 

However 😊 In my view it was an emergency - the guest left the space heater going (well-known fire hazard), and I had no idea when they would be returning.

Kind of like a small fire going in the room to me.

That could become a big fire.

How long is the typical suspension on this (first) offense?