Looking for a Co-Host in San Antonio, TX

Answered!
Jaritza0
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Looking for a Co-Host in San Antonio, TX

Hi everyone!

I have one property in the Southtown area of San Antonio, TX that I am interested in renting out beginning in early April. I won't be near my home so I am looking for a co-host that could help me with a few things that may require a person to be on the property from time to time such as ensuring items and essentials are stocked. I am looking for someone to help me with guest communications in the evening since I'll be on a different timezone. I will be able to manage some aspects of the property such as bookings, guest communications for certain times of the day (unless it's in the evening or they require face time), scheduling cleaners, and scheduling maintenance.

I have talked to a few property management companies, but what concerns me the most is the level of service they provide. I know technically they say they could help with everything, but besides the cleaning crew being on the ground I doubt anyone else ever comes to check on the property.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Post in your local host group on FB and ask for recommendations for local superhosts who have been hosting for at least a year. and have great reviews.

Most of those posting on this international community are those who have absolutely no experience as hosts themselves and want to learn the ropes on your listing.

Any decent cohost will advise you the listing needs to set up in your names and themselves added as a cohost. Don't accept anyone working with you who wants to set up your listing under their profile @Jaritza0 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Post in your local host group on FB and ask for recommendations for local superhosts who have been hosting for at least a year. and have great reviews.

Most of those posting on this international community are those who have absolutely no experience as hosts themselves and want to learn the ropes on your listing.

Any decent cohost will advise you the listing needs to set up in your names and themselves added as a cohost. Don't accept anyone working with you who wants to set up your listing under their profile @Jaritza0 

Thank you for the advice, Helen! I’m going to post on the local host Facebook groups! 

Hi @Jaritza0 

Agree with @Helen3 . Never allow anyone to add themselves as "owner primary host" on your listing. There are plenty of experienced Co-Hosts out there who can help you and know what they are doing. Traditional property management companies usually insist on being named as "owner" and all the reviews stay with them shoud you decide to terminate your arrangement. Most don't have a very good reputation either. You can do a search on the CC and read up on that. 

I have a short term rental consulting business and do offer remote Co-Hosting (I'm in another state). However,  it sounds like you need someone local who can be your eyes and ears on the property, which I highly suggest since you are not local. I also offer new listing setup and exisiting listing optimization reviews which can be done via Zoom.

You might try some local real estate agents as they might have contacts for potential co-hosts, cleaners and maintenance people. 

Wishing you much success!

Hi @Jaritza0,

We are not a property management company, but we are interested in co-hosting! We are Superhosts with nearly 3 years of experience managing all aspects of luxury properties, including all the responsibilities you listed as needing help with. We have an overall 4.99 star rating with over 100 reviews across all platforms.

We would need to know more about the property to determine if it would be a good fit for both parties. Please message us so we can discuss further!

Kindly,

Jon and Nora

Elevated Stay

Hey Jaritza! If you're still looking for a manager, I can help. Shoot me a DM and I can send you my info.