My listing in Brighton, UK

Richard1435
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

My listing in Brighton, UK

Hi, could the more experienced hosts out there look at my listing and give me feedback? I’m quite new to this type of letting system. I look forward to hearing from 5he Air b n b community. Have a good day. Dicky 

3 Replies 3
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Richard1435 ,

There’s no doubt that you’ve put a lot of effort into creating this space and the listing (I love the green deer, by the way). I’d be happy to share a few suggestions to make the space even more comfortable for your guests. I just focused on the space itself, which is almost perfect from a design perspective:

1. A mirror above the sink seems to be missing. Consider adding one. 
2. I like the descriptions under each picture, but keep in mind that people often skim, so it’s best to avoid putting crucial information there.
3. A dining table is needed (I know it’s folded under the sofa), and I noticed there isn’t a coffee table. I can’t imagine guests regularly opening and closing the dining table, and if they do, it may not be the most convenient option. You might want to consider adding a coffee table for casual dining while seated on the sofa.
I know that now it is too late but for future properties, you could consider integrating the fridge into the kitchenette cabinets to free up space for a dining table with four chairs (where the fridge is now). This could serve both dining and work purposes, replacing the folding table and the black desk.
4. Speaking of which, you might want to consider replacing the black desk with the keyboard. Guests will likely bring their own laptops or phones, so they may not use your computer. You could swap it out for a TV stand and some decorative pieces like vases and books.
5. In the bedroom, consider adding a TV on the console. It doesn’t need to be mounted; it can simply sit on the console.
6. Artwork is a great touch! You might consider adding some pictures to the walls. A good place to start could be the same store where you bought the black armchair.

I hope some of these suggestions are helpful. You’ve got a terrific space!

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Richard1435 

Congratulations'!  Very cute property, I love it.

Thoughts

Captions on photos are great but never put criticism/  Your bathtub is what it is , the size bugs you but if I am renting for a week I probably wouldn't even notice except you pointed out,  Same with sofa damage because somebody could cause additional damage and you have said not your fault.

I do agree the desk with what looks kike a computer called a smart tv is not benefiting your space.  I would suggest remove the desk an you only need a dining space for two,  Then mount a smart tv on the wall then you can even mount above table to utilize space.  Then Amazon sells nice wooden tv tray sets that have a holder gives people the ability to have a table for lap top or their coffee.  Neat and attractive,

Oksana127
Level 4
Riga, Latvia

It’s great to see new hosts looking to improve their listings. I took a look at your listing in Brighton, and I have a few suggestions that might help enhance its appeal and attract more guests:

1. Photos: Your photos are the first thing potential guests will see. Ensure they are high-quality, well-lit, and showcase every area of your space, including the living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. Consider including a few shots of the surrounding area or nearby attractions to highlight what makes your location special.

2. Title and Description: Make sure your title is catchy and includes key features, like “Cozy 2-Bedroom Apartment Near the Beach.” In your description, provide a warm introduction about your space, emphasizing unique selling points such as amenities, the vibe of the neighborhood, and nearby attractions.

3. Amenities: Ensure you highlight all the amenities you offer, like Wi-Fi, parking, kitchen appliances, and any extras like beach towels or bikes. Guests love knowing what they can expect!

4. Pricing: Check similar listings in your area to ensure your pricing is competitive. You might consider starting with a lower price to build your initial reviews and ratings.

5. House Rules: Clearly outline your house rules to manage guest expectations and minimize potential issues. This could include pet policies, quiet hours, or cleaning responsibilities.

6. Guest Interaction: Mention how you plan to interact with guests—whether you'll be available in person or via messages. Providing a personal touch can enhance their experience.

7. Local Insights: Consider adding recommendations for local restaurants, attractions, or activities. This can make your listing stand out and show guests that you care about their experience.

I hope you find these tips helpful! Good luck with your listing!