Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Linda4721
Level 5
Vaneli, India

Newbie feedback needed๐Ÿ˜Š (listing feedback)

Paula_0-1725384830352.jpeg

Hi there, 

We have thought hard and long  about opening our family home in Goa to guests. Itโ€™s been a tough one but have finally listed it and now hoping for the right guests who will love and respect our home as much as we do ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am aware that more needs to be done and better photos need to be uploaded, but we would love your initial response to our listing. 
Thank you so much.

Lin

๐ŸŒŸ Listing link: Home in Vaneli ยท โ˜…New ยท 3 bedrooms ยท 4 beds ยท 3 baths

[Content modified by OCM]

59 Replies 59
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

Hi @Linda4721 

When I search for Vanelim, Goa and click on the "Amazing Pools" category with filters for "entire place" and a minimum of 2 bedrooms, your listing appears on page 4 out of 15, as you can see here when I search from Denmark (in an incognito tab with no browser history).

Karen4131_0-1725607319734.png

This is fine for now, but once Airbnbโ€™s search algorithm no longer boosts your listing as "New", you will likely drop in the rankings since there are over 1,000 qualified listings for this search.

If you want to establish a successful business, it will be crucial in the beginning to compete on price until you receive the well-deserved positive reviews. If I were you, I would start by researching what similar listings are charging and price yours lower initially. Additionally, you can use Airbnbโ€™s special pricing offers to help you gain traction in the market until you get those all-important reviews ๐Ÿ™‚ and can begin raising your rates.

Good luck! Linda ๐Ÿ™‚

Karen

Oh great. Thank you. Your place is ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿฝ

@Karen4131

Hi again๐Ÿ˜Š

We had an enquiry about our location. I wondered why so I googled it and weโ€™re not on the map. Iโ€™ve read about how to list your location etc but Iโ€™m not seeing the option to โ€œVerify your locationโ€. I tried to do the photo verification but I couldnโ€™t find the steps to do it. I went to my profile, changed to hosting and my listing but got stuck there. 
Help please? 

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

Hi @Linda4721 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean... Your location is visible on your listing.

Karen4131_1-1725874337660.png

If you need to edit your location, you can do so in your listing editor by navigating to Your Listing > Listing Editor, and then scrolling down to Location on the left.

Karen4131_2-1725874411347.png

It looks fine from here, but maybe I don't fully understand what has been requested(?)

๐Ÿ™‚ Karen

IMG_9365.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

@Linda4721

I see your place when I zoom into your area. (Swedish language/currency)

Vanelim.png

Thank you for this. Iโ€™ve just been told that I need to logout in order to see my listing. 
I feel so silly๐Ÿ˜…

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

Hi @Linda4721 
Great if you found what you were looking for ๐Ÿ™‚ We've all been there, where we couldn't quite navigate Airbnb's panel. There are many options, but it slowly starts to make sense, so there's no need at all to feel silly.

- Karen

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

Hi again @Linda4721 

I can see that you have 3 filters turned on.

Try clearing them and check again.

Karen4131_0-1725876579220.png

- Karen

What kind of filters are they? I canโ€™t see them. 

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

@Linda4721 

I can't see which ones are active, but you can delete them like this:

Click the filter button:

filter.jpg

And then "Clear all":

Clear_all.jpg

- K ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Karen4131

Oh ok. I thought you meant in my profile. Got it. Still needing to learn how to verify my location. Iโ€™ll work on it again tomorrow. 
Linda

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmรถ, Sweden

Hi @Linda4721

Verifying location seems to be a new requirement, as mentioned here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2848

Iโ€™ve never had to do this before. Good luck with the process!

Best,
Karen

Michael8961
Level 2
Southington, CT

Please upload detailed and well lit pictures of your bathrooms and kitchen. Your exterior should also receive the same attention to details. I would also suggest you keep 3 sets of sheets, comforters and towels available. Keep whatever it not being used locked away

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mehrzad2@Clydeishia0@Fernando2404@Pedro2032@Ross869 and @Michael8961 thank you so much for your feedback ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I am tagging @Linda4721 here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad