Not receiving Airbnb guest messages in Gmail

Dani10
Level 3
Austin, TX

Not receiving Airbnb guest messages in Gmail

I haven't been receiving guest messages (anything from @guest.airbnb.com) to my Gmail inbox since September. I used to receive all of those messages just fine.  I currently receive all other Airbnb messages - booking confirmations, support messages, etc.

I have triple-checked all of my notification settings in Airbnb. I have checked all spam filters, etc. in Gmail and have followed all troubleshooting guides on the issue. No luck!

Back in September I also stopped receiving ALL emails from Gmail because they started charging and I hadn't paid yet. After paying, I got all emails - but have never received any Airbnb guest messages since then. I'm not sure if that is a coincidence or not.

Is anyone in the same boat? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out and thinking about just changing my email address on my Airbnb account - but I really don't want to have to resort to that.

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Dani10 , I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving these emails anymore! With all the different settings you can change on gmail I can imagine it can get frustrating.

Are the emails arriving in your spam inbox by any chance, or perhaps they're labeled or are in your social or promotions tab?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thanks for responding Sybe. I have checked all folders and they are not there.

I have a co-host on one listing and confirmed that he is receiving guest emails. He also uses Gmail.

All that I can think at this point is that there is some sort of deep bug causing Airbnb guest emails to get completely filtered out from my Gmail address. It is so strange - and very frustrating...