Organize photos by room not working

Answered!
IDid-Creations0
Level 2
Huntersville, NC

Organize photos by room not working

I tried to organize my photos by room.  Initially it worked, but as I added more photos, it stopped working.  Is this a bug?

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @IDid-Creations0 , Thank you for your patience while the tech team was looking into this for us. 

I hope we understood your concern correctly, that you would like the photos to be displayed per division, and not all together in a grid.

For this to happen, at least 80% of the photos need to be tagged/assigned to a specific room. Once this happens, the layout view for the listings will adjust and showcase the photos by Room division (and not all together).

• So, as an example, if a Host has 20 photos uploaded, then 16 need to be tagged to a specific room.
I am also sharing some articles as they may be useful as references:

Hope this helps give a general idea of setting up the photos!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Robert7432
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Hey @IDid-Creations0 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble organizing your photos by room on Airbnb. According to a post on the Airbnb Community forum, other hosts have also experienced similar issues with the feature.

It’s possible that this is a bug, but it’s also possible that there is a limit to the number of photos that can be organized by room. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any official documentation on this topic.

However, you can still organize your photos manually by dragging and dropping them into the desired order. To do this, go to your listing’s photo gallery and click on the “Organize” button. You can then drag and drop each photo into the desired position.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Robert.

That is exactly what I have done for now.  Hoping AirBNB can resolve this soon.

Hi @IDid-Creations0, I was having a look at the Help Centre if I can find some articles that can help you, I found this link which might help with tips related to organizing photos for your listing. Sharing it here for your reference: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/s?q=Organize%20photos&p=1 

If you think there might be a bug, would you be able to record a video showing the issue and share it using a Google Drive link with me? This will help me forward the problem to the right team. Please be sure to give me a link that I can easily share with the tech team for their review.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @IDid-Creations0! Thank you for sharing the video recording via DM message. I was having a look at your listing and clicked on your pictures as a guest and I could see the descriptions that you had categorized for your listing photos.

Can you please confirm if this is what you are looking for? It doesn't seem like a bug

Step 1: Click on an image

screenshot-20231024-162144 - instasize.png

Step 2: After clicking an image, a Gallery opens that shows images with a description. Have you added more than 28 images that are not appearing in this gallery?

screenshot-20231024-162220 - instasize.png

I also wanted to share this article that may help set up a Home tour for your listing with photos. Sharing the link here for reference: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/how-to-organize-listing-photos-into-a-home-tour-4... .

Do keep me posted if this still doesn't solve your concern. I would love to help you with this one!

-----

No, I am looking for this:

IDidCreations0_0-1698179824131.png

I see @IDid-Creations0 ! Thank you. Please allow me to pass over the feedback and get back to you!

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @IDid-Creations0 , Thank you for your patience while the tech team was looking into this for us. 

I hope we understood your concern correctly, that you would like the photos to be displayed per division, and not all together in a grid.

For this to happen, at least 80% of the photos need to be tagged/assigned to a specific room. Once this happens, the layout view for the listings will adjust and showcase the photos by Room division (and not all together).

• So, as an example, if a Host has 20 photos uploaded, then 16 need to be tagged to a specific room.
I am also sharing some articles as they may be useful as references:

Hope this helps give a general idea of setting up the photos!

-----

This was helpful.  Thanks