Payment still outstanding from damages claim that has been accepted

June344
Level 2
Nelson, Canada

Payment still outstanding from damages claim that has been accepted

Hello,

Is anyone else waiting more than 7 months for a damages claim?   It was filed in December and I signed a document airbnb asked me to sign in order to send payment more than a few months ago. I still haven't been paid.  I have filled up many times and the last reason I was given was they were so backlogged with payouts. 

This was the only time we had damages from a guest but it was significant...all bedding from wine stains which they set trying to wash it themselves,  a light fixture they accidentally broke, took glassware home with them, water damaged a bamboo tray, the worst was brought a cook burner into our one room suite with a kitchenette ( no cooking ventilataion) and proceeded to cook full meals in our suite despite a conversation prior to their stay explaining there was no cooking in suite. 

Wondering what other hosts experiences are with airlcover claims.

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @June344 , Since you posted some time ago, I wished to check in if you'd heard back from the Support team. Has there been a progress with the claim request? 🌻 Please keep us posted! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I went through the same thing and was not compensated. Also got a bad review.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Xuan97 , Would you like to elaborate a bit on the issue, so that experienced Hosts in the Community can support you with some insights on how to best deal in such situations? Please feel free to start a new conversation, so that Hosts can notice your topic 👀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines