Prevent check-in on the same day as check-out

Answered!
Sean1030
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Prevent check-in on the same day as check-out

The setting for "Preparation time" is one day before AND after. But we only want a preparation time of the check-out day. So far this doesn't seem possible. The preparation time of 1 before and 1 after blocks off way too much time.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The 1 day prep time setting doesn't block 2 days. It does exactly what you want it to do. 

It is written in a convoluted way that would make anyone think it blocked 2 days. But the "1 day after" Booking A. doubles up/overlaps as the "1 day before" Booking B. Nowhere is this explained and it took me a long time to figure this out. 

What it should say is "Block one day between bookings" because that is exactly what it does. So go ahead and check the one day prep time.

@Sean1030

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19

Yep it's right. Just hard to read. Thank you !

Morgen3
Level 2
Gualala, CA

I am having this problem as well. What I want to do: to not have check outs and check ins in the same day. I don't need to block an entire day, just the remainder of a day after someone checks out. It looks to me like I am blocking more than that...

@Sean1030 Were you trying to accomplish the same thing, as well?

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 6.22.37 PM.jpg

Hi, what calendar is this? What app did you use? I would like to use something similar 🙂  thank you in advance

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Morgen3  I don't understand what you mean, that you don't need to block a whole day, just the remainder of the day a guest checks out?

If you use the 1 day prep setting, if a guest checks out at 11 am on Thursday, with that settting, no one will be able to check in on Thursday and stay Thursday night. Another guest will be able to check in on Friday. 

They aren't really days you are blocking, they are nights.

Sean1030
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

@Morgen3 Yea the 1 day prep time was the correct thing here. The calendar makes it look confusing, but it's correctly allowing check-out on the blocked day, but not check-in. Thus you never have a same-day check-in and check-out.