Questions on becoming a Cohost..

Yolanda528
Level 2
Blacksburg, VA

Questions on becoming a Cohost..

Hello! 

I am new to this platform when it comes to hearing about the opportunity to be able help people with their Airbnb. I am writing this to somehow get advice on how to get started, who to reach out to and what services I could offer? I have so much administrative experience in different offices, so I was thinking that I could maybe offer customer service, virtual assistance or even housekeeping services for people nearby me ( I have years of housekeeping experience too!)

I hope that Cohosting isn't a saturated market, because I now see a lot of people doing it. BUT, there are so many people renting out their home on this platform, and I've used it a couple of times to book my own space. I figured that it doesn't hurt to do my research!

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The cohosting market is saturated in many locations. Hosts tend to look for cohosts with extensive experience of being a host themselves @Yolanda528 

So why not start by hosting a room in your home do you can gain relevant experience.

I’m not trying to advertise, I am trying to get advise from other co-hosts on how to start doing what they do. How is that not allowed? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I didn't say you were trying to advertise I am a cohost as well as a host and I tried to answered your question.

@Yolanda528 

If you want to know what services to offer do your market research to see what services  your competitors are advertising 

You then need to build a business plan and marketing plan to decide what services to provide and what to charge. That will tell you what business model and marketing approach you need to take to market your cohosting business  .

the reality as I have said is most hosts want cohosts with extensive experience of hosting themselves . 

this community is for hosts and guests to discuss Airbnb matters rather than a space for those looking for help in setting up a cohosting business .