Rent a room in an owned house with a mortgage in the Netherlands

Answered!
Carolina1568
Level 2
La Tablada, Argentina

Rent a room in an owned house with a mortgage in the Netherlands

Hello!

I'm new in the Netherlands and we are planning to buy a house. This house has an extra room that we are not going to use and we will like to renting it out occasionally but I'm not sure if that is possible.

I still don't have a mortgage provider so if you know any provider that I could use please let me know 

Thanks in advance 

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carolina1568 

I think there is a board/group here for the Netherlands. You would be better off posting there as the international community won't be able to offer you any advice specific to that country. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you talk to a mortgage adviser in Holland @Carolina1568 

Also check with your local government to see if there are any STR restrictions

Im doing that but my question was more to know about other people´s experiencie in this matter. Particulary if they done s, which mortgage provider they used so they are allowed to rent a room.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can't see why it would be a problem if it's just a room in your home. I just told my mortgage company.

What was the outcome of this question? I have the same case now and was wondering what have you done in the end?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carolina1568 

I think there is a board/group here for the Netherlands. You would be better off posting there as the international community won't be able to offer you any advice specific to that country. 

Great that your question was solved. If anyone else has this problem, I'd recommend checking local rules and your mortgage terms, just to be sure.

About finding a mortgage provider, have you thought about chatting with a Mortgage Broker in Blackpool **? They've been a lifesaver for me, offering personalized advice and connections.

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines ]