Renting for your friends and family

Answered!
Sarahquyen0
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

Renting for your friends and family

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know what y'all doing with accepting rental requests for friends and or family members?  

I had a few bad situations and said i would not again, however been getting a lot this summer for parents and I didn't like that i had to go through the person that had the app. 

Im on the fence.. wondering if you put any rules and what you may suggest? 

Is it normal to ask for an extra deposit? 

TIA 

Sarahquyen 

1 Best Answer

@Sarahquyen0 

I believe you are referring to a 3rd party booking? Where the person books for someone else, and is not personally staying? 

We do not do that, it is not only messy and problematic; the platform does not support us doing that. 

A smooth and pleasant season to you!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Sarahquyen0 

I believe you are referring to a 3rd party booking? Where the person books for someone else, and is not personally staying? 

We do not do that, it is not only messy and problematic; the platform does not support us doing that. 

A smooth and pleasant season to you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't accept third party booking but ask for the person who wants to book to set up a profile on Airbnb and book with me directly @Sarahquyen0 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sarahquyen0,

Just to add to the replies from Helen and Kitty, I wanted to share an article here that you might find useful. It's about 👉booking for friends and family.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

@Sarahquyen0 We recently had one but didn’t know ahead of time. He booked 4 guests, said it was him, his mom, and his 2 adult daughters. Only he never showed up, which was fine, except he didn’t write a review. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's it fine if there was guest damage or problems with the guest you aren't covered by Airbnb @Dawn241 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarahquyen0 Given that it is very hard for some people to book Airbnbs (all the verifications are beyond my mother's IT capabilities) we allow children booking for their parents but not parents booking for their children.