Resurfacing my announce is a struggle!

Answered!
Nafiseh0
Level 2
Lille, France

Resurfacing my announce is a struggle!

Hi everyone,

I started hosting seriously one month ago, and I seriously struggle with the visibility of my listing. 
I read a lot on the community and I tried my best to optimise the announce. But apart from a time that I asked all my friends to visit the listing and I got about 30 views, the remaining time, the organic view is ranged between 0-4 which doesn't bring much reservation.

Any advice from your experience would be highly appreciated.
Thank you a millions.
Nafiseh

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Nafiseh0 ,

Beautiful property and professionally polished pictures. They look like they belong in an interior design magazine or a holiday brochure.

I have a few things for you to consider:

1. Currently, the two properties are categorized as Castles. This is surely a mistake. When I searched for rooms, of course, they didn’t show up because they are listed as castles. Fixing this should be your top priority.

2. With 6 years of hosting and only 7 reviews, and since you’ve mentioned that you are taking it seriously this time, the algorithm might be skeptical. Have you declined many reservations over the years? If so, an internal parameter called the acceptance rate, which hosts cannot see, might be low. One way to improve your acceptance rate is to temporarily lower the price for a few guests to show the algorithm that you mean business. You can always change the nightly price later.

3. Rearrange your photos. Right now, it’s just a collection of images. Arrange them like a story, ordering them in a sequence. Group the bathroom pictures together, the bedroom pictures together, etc. Consider starting with a cover photo and 2-3 additional highlights, then take the viewer on a tour as if they were walking through the space. This approach helps people grasp the layout more easily.

4. There is a wonderful guide written by a host on how to jump-start a listing. Consider taking the time to read it:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/6-Tips-to-quot-jump-start-quot-or-quot-spring-c...

I hope you find something useful here.

All the best,

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nafiseh0, welcome to the Community Center!

I was able to find your lovely home on the very first page (and first listing) when I searched for these specific dates: 24-26 Aug, 2 guests, Roubaix, France

I'm sure, you've already considered this, but perhaps it might be worth mentioning major events that happen nearby you in your listing? For example, as a road cycling enthusiast, I was surprised to find out that you live near where the Paris-Roubaix road cycling event finishes (see route here).

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 11.33.45.png

Here's the result when I searched for places in Lille in general. Your home seemed to be on page 1 again as per the screenshot below.  

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 11.35.33.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Nafiseh0 

If your not generating views basically the cover photo you like sorry isn't appreciated  Happens to us all lol.  Switch your cover photo until you find one that generates views

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Nafiseh0 ,

Beautiful property and professionally polished pictures. They look like they belong in an interior design magazine or a holiday brochure.

I have a few things for you to consider:

1. Currently, the two properties are categorized as Castles. This is surely a mistake. When I searched for rooms, of course, they didn’t show up because they are listed as castles. Fixing this should be your top priority.

2. With 6 years of hosting and only 7 reviews, and since you’ve mentioned that you are taking it seriously this time, the algorithm might be skeptical. Have you declined many reservations over the years? If so, an internal parameter called the acceptance rate, which hosts cannot see, might be low. One way to improve your acceptance rate is to temporarily lower the price for a few guests to show the algorithm that you mean business. You can always change the nightly price later.

3. Rearrange your photos. Right now, it’s just a collection of images. Arrange them like a story, ordering them in a sequence. Group the bathroom pictures together, the bedroom pictures together, etc. Consider starting with a cover photo and 2-3 additional highlights, then take the viewer on a tour as if they were walking through the space. This approach helps people grasp the layout more easily.

4. There is a wonderful guide written by a host on how to jump-start a listing. Consider taking the time to read it:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/6-Tips-to-quot-jump-start-quot-or-quot-spring-c...

I hope you find something useful here.

All the best,

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nafiseh0, I just wanted to get back to this topic in the hopes that you were able to read all the feedback that was given here 🙂

It would be great to hear from you!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

A HUGE Thank you to all of you @Guy991 @Marie8425 and @Quincy for the time and care that you've put in studying our listing and providing us with these valuable insights. I am really grateful.

Thank you! that really means a lot!

💙
I've read all your feedbacks and through the last week, tried to implement them one by one and I think it actually made a visible difference. We've got more views (I share the screen shot) and also three new reservations. 

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 18.24.37.png

I really like the airbnb clients and prefer them compared to booking. The booking sends us more clients with more revenue but they tend to except hoteling services, don't communicate well and very rarely leave a review. While with airbnb guests it's more fluent and friendly and respectful.

So I would really love if we could increase our clients from airbnb. for the last month it was about 50/50 because we had a long two week reservation from airbnb, but I would love for that to be more inclined towards airbnb.
Do you have any suggestion about how to creating that (im)balance?
We're already reducing the price compared to the quality of the space, but Should I still drop the price or should I wait few months?

@Nafiseh0 

Congratulations!

For the condo rather than price I would say read your excellent reviews and get ideas.  4.2 on location is a factor but you don't have a bad area it is . Guests are usually unifamiliar with a neighborhood so they create expectations based on how they interpreted our description.  Something maybe you didn't mention or you did too much.  No exact comments so a minor inconvenience but an easy fix.

Based on your happy reviews mostly couples sight seeing .  Change the cover photo to something that stood out so mentioned, the living room

Change the description and add some Guidebooks,  They mention your great tips for dining, shopping and things to see.  So happy with location just wrong expectation.  

Mention additional sleeping for kids available but I would market to 2 not 4 guests it seems that is your happy spot lol.

don't lower general price yet maybe try some weekly and monthly discounts first.

By setting Guests at 2 couples without kids aren't worrying about kid residue from the previous guest and actually a young couple with 1 younger child has a tendency also to look at 2 adults and ask can you accommodate hoping a less cost sort of looking for child pricing.

For your room, your calendar is blocked?